ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Certificate by post - do you need to be at home?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

punkGit81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Citizenship Certificate by post - do you need to be at home?

Post by punkGit81 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:20 pm

Question for those who had received the Citizenship Certificate by post: is this sent as registered post? Do you need to be at home or would they just drop it into the letterbox?

I was wondering as I'm usually at work now during the day, and I am also going away for few weeks later in the summer to visit my family, so I don't want to miss that.
Thanks in advance to anyone who knows about this!

Gocho77
Columbia

Re: Citizenship Certificate by post - do you need to be at home?

Post by Gocho77 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:49 pm

They send it by certified post. Hence usually you will need to be home to sign. Some mailman doesn't required signature if he knows you and just leave it in the mailbox. But in normal conditions he just will leave a note with instructions of what you can do. Normally just go to collect in a main post office.

Now if you are going out for several days, anpost offers a service of pause my post. It just stop sending any post until you are back. Here is the link

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Man ... ailMinder)

punkGit81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by punkGit81 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:12 am

That's great, thanks a lot!

jlrods
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by jlrods » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:51 pm

punkGit81 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:20 pm
Question for those who had received the Citizenship Certificate by post: is this sent as registered post? Do you need to be at home or would they just drop it into the letterbox?

I was wondering as I'm usually at work now during the day, and I am also going away for few weeks later in the summer to visit my family, so I don't want to miss that.
Hi punkGit81,
I'm in similar situation as you. I got the approval letter for certificate of naturalization last week and planing to complete the form within the next week.
I'm also going to travel abroad at the end of July for a week.
Are you planning to travel with your current passport and GNIB/IRP card?
Have you got any info regarding to what happen to the current residence permit once the certificate of naturalization is issued?
I haven't found any info yet.
Thanks.

punkGit81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by punkGit81 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:01 am

@jlrods, I'm an EU citizen already, so I can't help much ... maybe you can post as a new topic and I'm pretty sure there will be people in a similar situation who have some good answers for you

jlrods
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by jlrods » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Thank you, no worries.

I may try that.

Regards.

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:33 am

punkGit81 wrote:

They usually just leave it in the letter box. I never signed for mine. So no stress. You will find it waiting for you after work. Or if they need you to sign they will leave the missed post card. But usually they just leave it in letter box

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:38 am

jlrods wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:51 pm
punkGit81 wrote:

Hi punkGit81,
I'm in similar situation as you. I got the approval letter for certificate of naturalization last week and planing to complete the form within the next week.
I'm also going to travel abroad at the end of July for a week.
Are you planning to travel with your current passport and GNIB/IRP card?
Have you got any info regarding to what happen to the current residence permit once the certificate of naturalization is issued?
I haven't found any info yet.
Thanks.
You only have to send copies of your passport and IRP card online when you're paying the 950. You will still have your original ones and can travel anytime. I still have both my passport and IRP card. IRP card is valid till 2023 so I can use it if I want to travel home since am dual citizen.
In your case you haven't got the cert yet so you are not yet irish citizen and can travel with old passport and use the IRP card. If you happen to travel after you get your cert, bring it as well.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:45 am

HannahNkunga12 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:33 am
punkGit81 wrote:

They usually just leave it in the letter box. I never signed for mine. So no stress. You will find it waiting for you after work. Or if they need you to sign they will leave the missed post card. But usually they just leave it in letter box
I'll second that, I also found it in my mailbox

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:14 pm

My naturalisation certificate was sent to the UK by An Post registered post, and the Royal Mail just dropped it in my letterbox, having obtained one signature from the concierge for all the signed-for deliveries in my building that day.