ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

final update to my story with non-eu wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

final update to my story with non-eu wife

Post by jul1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:27 am

my original topic is closed so i cant update it anymore

cheapes-quickest self suffiency resident card in EU

ireland/cheapes-quickest-self-suffiency ... 14533.html

im Hungarian my wife is Filipino, started to plan wedding in 2016, got married in 2017, my wife got caught in that EUTR visa issue where Ireland intentionally did not give visas to non-eu spouses based on EU treaty rights from the Asian region, so we moved back to Hungary where immigration is not an issue at all and she got her residence card in few months, and easily got the Irish EUTR visa from the Irish embassy in Hungary in 3 weeks, had a 30 minutes argument when first arrived back to Ireland with the IO (massive uneducated idiot), since than we got a mortgage, and finally my wife became Irish citizen (in the meantime i became Irish as well, so she applied as spouse after 3 years).

Now we are just waiting for her Irish passport, and thats the end of the story.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: final update to my story with non-eu wife

Post by jul1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:35 am

sorry, we started to planned get married in 2015 and got married in 2016 :)

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:52 pm

Congratulations. Well done

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:33 am

jul1 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:27 am
my original topic is closed so i cant update it anymore

cheapes-quickest self suffiency resident card in EU

ireland/cheapes-quickest-self-suffiency ... 14533.html

im Hungarian my wife is Filipino, started to plan wedding in 2016, got married in 2017, my wife got caught in that EUTR visa issue where Ireland intentionally did not give visas to non-eu spouses based on EU treaty rights from the Asian region, so we moved back to Hungary where immigration is not an issue at all and she got her residence card in few months, and easily got the Irish EUTR visa from the Irish embassy in Hungary in 3 weeks, had a 30 minutes argument when first arrived back to Ireland with the IO (massive uneducated idiot), since than we got a mortgage, and finally my wife became Irish citizen (in the meantime i became Irish as well, so she applied as spouse after 3 years).

Now we are just waiting for her Irish passport, and thats the end of the story.
HI! Can you please share a bit more about "EUTR visa issue where Ireland intentionally did not give visas to non-eu spouses based on EU treaty rights from the Asian region,.." why this is happening? How did you know about this information?

I am Chinese, my husband is French and working in Ireland. Currently I am waiting for my EU TR visa to enter Ireland... Thanks much in advance!

roopak
Newly Registered
India

Post by roopak » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:14 pm

Hi did you get your family member of eu spouse visa? i applied from india still waiting