ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration check ID app - what happens after?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Immigration check ID app - what happens after?

Post by giraffely » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:32 pm

Hi there!!

So I used the immigration check ID app while applying and had to scan the chip on my current BRP, take photos of it and take my own photo. I read on the ukvi website that once a decision is made, i'll be able to see my immigration details online and that there won't be a brp that's sent to me. Can anyone update as to what really happens? Do we get a new BRP in the post if the application is approved? Thanks!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration check ID app - what happens after?

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:54 pm

You get a new BRP as that is your proof of visa status.

Please can you also keep all your questions in one single topic. I keep merging your new topics with your existing topic and you keep starting a new topic again with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:41 pm

Digital status or eVisa is being rolled out to more and more applicants. Sit back and the decision email will tell you if you will get a BRP. Even if you get it, it will be only valid until 31 Dec 2024
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by giraffely » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:52 pm

@Mod: sorry! new to the forum, I didn't realise that I shouldn't be opening new topics...

@ thanks! I'll wait now...

another thing came up while my spouse and I were looking thru our docs....it looks like shes been charged more ihs although all the details are same. i found this link https://discourse.tnvisaforum.org/t/dis ... rge/672/20 and it says it happens due to bug. should i just call customer care now and raise the issue or wait until visa granted?

wanderer_007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wanderer_007 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:53 am

Hi ,

I submitted my application for PBS Skilled worker dependant partner on May 4th and haven't heard back from the HO.
I applied via the Immigration ID Check App. I am switching from a Skilled worker visa since my job contract is getting over. Is there a way to check progress? Will the HO reach back if they need more evidence?
Please help!

Thanks a lot.

wanderer_007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wanderer_007 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:02 am

Hi,

I applied on May 4th, and it has been 8 weeks , still no response from the UKVI, is anyone else facing delays as well?

I applied via the normal route for a PBS dependent visa.

Thanks