ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final doubts on previous earning and others...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Final doubts on previous earning and others...

Post by rajesh_kksh » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:18 pm

My question is related to my earlier post (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=205133).. I replied in that post but since it is an old post, I think nobody noticed and hence posting a fresh one...:).. I haven't yet applied for tier1 .. plan to do in January 2009 (Hopefully the economy gets a little better by then !!...

1) Assuming I apply for tier1 in January 09, I shall be showing previous earnings as follows.

Jan - July 08 - UK Allowance + Indian Salary (Both shown in salary slip in INR after conversions)
Aug- Dec 08 - India Salary (Shown in INR)

The allowances I received while in UK are shown in the Indian salary slips. So my 'Source' remains the same i.e. Indian salary slips for the entire duration of Jan - Dec 2008.
For Jan -July, I would not be showing any uplift, however I shall use it for Aug-Dec 08 timeframe. My question is do I need to use 2 Oanda closing spot exchange rates (one for end July 08 and another for end Dec 08?). As per the guidelines, '......use the closing spot exchange rate on OANDA on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that CURRENCY......... ''.

In my case, even though the currency is the same (or may be not depending on which way you look at it ??), there are two different locations (and time periods) I am claiming under.. please help!!!

2. Where can I get the (latest) tier1 guidance pdf.? . It seems that it has been removed from the ukba website !! I have the old versions with me and could not locate the latest ones. Have they been removed ? Kindly advise.

Raj

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:41 pm

So many views yet no one replied to my question yet :(.. Anyone ?????????

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Still no one !!!!!!!!???????????????? Helllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp !!!!!!

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:06 pm

u shud apply for one set of earnings/currency from one country. Are you doing that or ? its not very clear from ur statement ?

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:17 pm

I think the pro-rata rule which you are talking about (only one set of earnings per country) was the case with HSMP and not with the new tier1.Now, we need to show earnings for all the countries we have been in for the duration we are claiming.I am sure of this because the points calculator asks all the countries and earnings in the last 12 months and the final total arrived is not on pro-rata basis.

I shall try to explain once again in case anything is not clear.

CASE I. When I was in UK, I received per diem but it was reflected only in the Indian salary slip (hypothetically in INR)along with the Indian salary. I will have to convert the earnings in this period from INR to GBP (based on the Indian salary slip) without any uplift.
Totay Duration say Jan-July

CASE II. For the duration I have been in India after returning from UK, I shall be using uplift for my income.
Total Duration say-August-December.

For both the above cases, since I was in two countries, as per the rule I think I have to use two closing spot xchange rates(based on the last day in UK and last day of the period I am claiming for i.e. December in above case) .However the CURRENCY I am showing is the same for the full period of Jan-Dec i.e. INR, which also conflicts with the Tier1 rule mentioned in my post earlier. So I am not sure whether to use spot xchange rates or two of them for the 2 different country earnings I am showing.

This shouldn't be a one-off case and I think few of the guys out there would have had the same situation and they could guide me with it.

Also, please tell me about the latest tier1 guidance documents.I cannot see them anywhere.

Thanks

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:14 am

Can anyone help me with this ??? I still haven't figured out what to do with my above problem..

Thanks

ConfusedIndian
Newly Registered

Similar case...

Post by ConfusedIndian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 am

both of us are sailing in the same boat, buddy.

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:44 am

Couple of people seem to have the same doubt but no one is responding :(.. pleasssse help !!