ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP to FLR M - Early ILR Route ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam550
United Kingdom

FLR FP to FLR M - Early ILR Route ?

Post by sam550 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:53 pm

Hello

I hope someone can help with this,

I am in 7th year of my FLRP FP and I have my last extension coming up next year April 2023 and then I will be eligible to apply ILR in Dec 2024, I was hoping if someone can help with this new rule came on 22nd of June 2022 - what if I can apply for FLR M instead of FLR FP extension and once that visa is granted as I heard UKVI will consider FLR FP years for ILR route and clock wont reset to ZERO ? - can I straight away apply for ILR ? or just wait out last few years and just apply for FLR FP extension and then at right time go for ILR ?

Regards

secret.simon

Re: FLR FP to FLR M - Early ILR Route ?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:23 pm

What happened with this approach?

Also see this thread- on the same or similar lines.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:45 pm

Hi mate,

I'd been put off by few people that its a waste of time and resources so not going under Zambrano rule - also This approach got too much conflicted information.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm

sam550 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:53 pm
Hello

I hope someone can help with this,

I am in 7th year of my FLRP FP and I have my last extension coming up next year April 2023 and then I will be eligible to apply ILR in Dec 2024, I was hoping if someone can help with this new rule came on 22nd of June 2022 - what if I can apply for FLR M instead of FLR FP extension and once that visa is granted as I heard UKVI will consider FLR FP years for ILR route and clock wont reset to ZERO ? - can I straight away apply for ILR ? or just wait out last few years and just apply for FLR FP extension and then at right time go for ILR ?

Regards
when you get to 10 years and apply for ILR - do you have to do the english test to get ILR?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:21 pm

rai75 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm
when you get to 10 years and apply for ILR - do you have to do the english test to get ILR?
Yes.

The only pathways to ILR that do not require KOLL (Knowledge Of Language and Life in the UK) are those under Appendix EU and possibly refugees and their families.

But even they require KOLL if applying for British citizenship. So they will be needed eventually.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Errrr !!! Unfortunately post is hijacked and still unable to get any answers?

Highfive
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Highfive » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:07 am

Hi Op.

I am in a similar position to you. 7.5 years on private life, then discovered the new rule when I came to apply for extension. I have applied for ILR (PL). Unfortunately couldn’t get priority or super priority service, so I’ve sent a standard application. I’ll update when I hear in a few months.

All the best!

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:25 pm

Highfive wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:07 am
Hi Op.

I am in a similar position to you. 7.5 years on private life, then discovered the new rule when I came to apply for extension. I have applied for ILR (PL). Unfortunately couldn’t get priority or super priority service, so I’ve sent a standard application. I’ll update when I hear in a few months.

All the best!
Hello,

So you’ve been on FLR FP for 7 years and now applied straight ILR ? Or 7 years combined FLR FP and FLR FM ?

Thanks and good luck

Highfive
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Highfive » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:01 pm

Hey, I think I responded on your other post.
7.5 years total (5 years private life, 2.5 years FLR M).
Then applied for ILR when I was due to renew.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:58 pm

Highfive wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:01 pm
Hey, I think I responded on your other post.
7.5 years total (5 years private life, 2.5 years FLR M).
Then applied for ILR when I was due to renew.
That makes sense, thank you for clarification I thought you applied ILR under 7 years on FLR FP maybe I wasn’t paying attention my bad lol

I live already completed 7 years on FLR FP so I might go for FLR M and once I get that apply ILR straight away, though next extension is not due till April but it’s gonna cost the same though I get ILR quicker.

Best wishes to you and let’s keep updating each other.

Regards