ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Need Clarification Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Spouse Visa Extension Need Clarification Please

Post by THO » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi,

My OH says that she has been told it is necessary to send in copies of all of the pages of her passport (along with all the other docs such as bills etc) when she submits her application documentation for her spouse visa extension.

Her passport is mostly empty, and I can't see that the ECO would want to receive ten documents that are of just a blank page, they would really only be interested in pages that have stamps or her ID, am I correct in my assumption, or do we need to scan all pages?

Is this the same for me and my passport?

Thanks,

THO.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Need Clarification Please

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:52 pm

THO wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:40 pm
Hi,

My OH don't know what that means!says that she has been told it is necessary to send in copies of all of the pages of her passport (along with all the other docs such as bills etc) when she submits her application documentation for her spouse visa extension.

Her passport is mostly empty, and I can't see that the ECO would want to receive ten documents that are of just a blank page, they would really only be interested in pages that have stamps or her ID, am I correct in my assumption, or do we need to scan all pages?

Is this the same for me and my passport? Look at this way, before you'd be required to send in your passport, so they get to see all pages. Now you don't. Some people say just the data page and visa pages/ stamped pages. I say all pages including blank pages. It cost you nothing to scan them all. Maybe just an extra 10 minutes each.

Thanks,

THO.
Light bulb moment...… Other Half! :lol:
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:20 pm

Thanks Tt. I'll do them, just in case as you suggest.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:09 am

THO wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:20 pm
Thanks Tt. I'll do them, just in case as you suggest.
You dont use logic or common sense with HO. Send all pages and leave decision in their hands to select what they deem relevant.