ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Student visa to Skilled work visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Switch from Student visa to Skilled work visa

Post by Nilang » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:25 am

Dear Sir,
I would like to know , wether a student visa holder has the right to switch to skilled visa prior to the completion of his studies and are they allowed to switch being in the country? Is there a minimum time period they should be studying before switch to the skilled visa.
Kind Regards,
Roshan

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Switch from Student visa to Skilled work visa

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:00 am

There is a short list of people who cannot apply in the UK which is included at the application portal:
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... -this-visa

The educational charity UKCISA has a detailed guide to switching from a Student visa to a Skilled worker visa:
https://ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advi ... layer-6784

However, given that in 2020 you were applying for ILR, I am not clear how you have ended up on a Student visa anyway:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... l#p1928935
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switch from Student visa to Skilled work visa

Post by Nilang » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:38 am

Hi Thank you for the reply. Iam actually now already a Citizen in U.K. after all these process and thank you very much for the forum for all the advice .

The question I actually asked for on behalf of a friend.

Thank you