ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW enquiry re: Reapplication

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JLS1109
Newly Registered

PSW enquiry re: Reapplication

Post by JLS1109 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi all, please take a moment to consider this situation...

PSW refused on 8 Nov 08 due to qualification not awarded at time of application. My school's letter could only confirm I had finished studies and thesis results are being graded.
I cannot appeal this decision when I know my results, as I am still granted leave until 31 Jan 09.
My only option is to reapply.
Unfortunately, with the 3 months of bank statements starting around now, (as I will have to regain that balance and start over) we are looking well into the beginning of February to resubmit, and I am therefore overstaying my current Student Visa.

Is my only option to leave the UK to reapply? Or can I apply for PSW on visitor status after my current Visa expires OR return to UK after some time after expiry and still apply as an in-country applicant?

Thanks.

keikeichris

rejection

Post by keikeichris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi, I got rejected as well because my bank statement was not an official one as they said. And my student VISA expire on the 30th Sep. Now they have given me a chance to appeal which I am allow to stay during the appeal period. And it's going to cost me quite a bit. I have it until 24th to decide. I dont understand why do you have to apply again in Feb? and not now.. please explain it again..

I dont think over staying is a good sign and what kind of passport are u holding? I am holding a British National Overseas (BNO) and I am free to stay for over 6 months without getting a visa but since my Student has expired I might have to go somewhere in Europe and then come back again.

Chris

JLS1109
Newly Registered

Post by JLS1109 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Chris,

Ive been rejected during the time when I still have leave to remain (until the 31 of Jan) so I can NOT appeal according to what HO wrote me, I can only reapply, with fresh documentation. The problem is getting the bank statements again back up to £800 for 3 months as I will have to start to do that currently, all over again. Like we all say sometimes, I did not expect this to happen, and I have been waiting on this Visa to get paid and get full time work, and have taken the risk (I know) of only living off those savings while waiting for the Visa decision.
So basically, even if I were to get these statements, I am guessing they must be dated for a full 90 days...which would bring it into February at this point. And then, my time is up anyway and I would have "overstayed". I guess my question was that if I was to stay, beyond 31 Jan, could I still apply as an in country applicant on a visitor's leave? will I have to leave temporarily around the 31st and come back? Is this possible? Is this better to do that or is it my only option to go back to the States and apply?

I am trying to avoid going back to USA as I know it gets more difficult, more expensve, more time consuming and I would be giving up job opportunities....
Anyone else out there in similar situation?
Can anyone advise?

keikeichris

rejection

Post by keikeichris » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi,

one thing is for certain, is that you cant over stay and be a in country applicant because you are not suppose to be here. Now that my Student VISA expired and I have two choices...Appeal (which I would be allow to stay) or go back to Hong Kong (immediately) Cant really risk the third application as I know they are going to reject me again!

I have been waiting (3 months) for this VISA to get a job as well and it has been really frustrating..

I am not really an expert in this..but this is all I know.. if it is possible. I would suggest you to leave UK first and re-enter UK again (I know.. costly)..we can we do..

Have u tried calling the helpline? if you have MSN: easier to talk there here is my MSN

burnkeichristopher@hotmail.com