ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jay444
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Jay444 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi
I need some advice please
I have applied zambrano on June 2021 and not outcome or COA yet.
Need to look for new job.
And flrfp parent route first set 2.5 years expired in December 2021 and didn't renew decided to rely on zambrano but now I am thinking to extend flrfp as need to have job.
if I apply renew my flrfp in next 2 weeks would I get share code or work right on new application?
Or I need to wait till outcome on flrfp for new job?
How does this work? Please help.
Thank you

Eburnie27
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Eburnie27 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:59 pm

Good evening all,

Does someone has any news about Akinsanya's counsel?
I wasn't able to follow the Zoom webinar and would love to know what was discussed and where we stand

Thanks

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:41 pm

@Jay444
I think U should keep chasing up on the COA even as u apply for the flr fp. U don't get a shared code for Appendix FM applications. People will usually show employers proof of the application submitted and the employers do their right to work checks with the home office.
As your flrfp expired, I am not sure employers can rely on your new application as no decision would have been made yet. U stood a better chance with employers if your leave was still valid and u were extending/renewing.
It's really surprising why you still haven't received a COA. Have u checked with them that everything about your application is ok and they don't need anything else from you?
All the best u.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:48 pm

Eburnie27 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:59 pm
Good evening all,

I wasn't able to follow the Zoom webinar and would love to know what was discussed and where we stand

Thanks
Something in the lines of a pending review possibly Akinsanya No 2. They await a decision from the home office for Akinsanya and if she is not granted her settled status, then the battle continues. If she is granted because she had already completed 5yrs under Zambrano before she applied for her flr fp, then the battle will be for those who have not yet completed 5 yrs of Zambrano and have been excluded because they have limited leave.
It sounded like everyone is waiting to know the direction of the home office when they start dishing out decisions and take it from there.

Eburnie27
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Eburnie27 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:48 pm
Eburnie27 wrote:
Good evening all,

Something in the lines of a pending review possibly Akinsanya No 2. They await a decision from the home office for Akinsanya and if she is not granted her settled status, then the battle continues. If she is granted because she had already completed 5yrs under Zambrano before she applied for her flr fp, then the battle will be for those who have not yet completed 5 yrs of Zambrano and have been excluded because they have limited leave.
It sounded like everyone is waiting to know the direction of the home office when they start dishing out decisions and take it from there.

Thanks so much. I am in the same boat as her . 5 years completed as Zambrano carer and first set of 2.5 years expired last month , not renewed yet.
It gets so confusing as I called the UKVI and was told that I would have to wait for an outcome on my EUSS application first
If negative (touch wood), I would have to apply for FLR FPL AFRESH (,the clock would be reset) as I would have broken it.
So it would be up to the casework to continue on the 10 year route or give me a new set.
I was crushed and cried for 2 days.
I don't understand how can HO play with people lives like that.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:15 pm

Eburnie27 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 pm
Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:48 pm
Eburnie27 wrote:
Good evening all,

Thanks so much. I am in the same boat as her . 5 years completed as Zambrano carer and first set of 2.5 years expired last month , not renewed yet.
It gets so confusing as I called the UKVI and was told that I would have to wait for an outcome on my EUSS application first
If negative (touch wood), I would have to apply for FLR FPL AFRESH (,the clock would be reset) as I would have broken it.
So it would be up to the casework to continue on the 10 year route or give me a new set.
I was crushed and cried for 2 days.
I don't understand how can HO play with people lives like that.
Is it upto 28 days yet since it expired. I would Send it off for extension even if it means applying for a fee waiver. It was agreed in the consent order that these two applications can run concurrently. Too much confusion.

Jay444
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jay444 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:03 pm

Thank you for reply Nyambeye.
All I can imagine why my COA not done yet.
Firstly my biometric from flrfp expired in December 2021.
When I have applied Euss on June 29th 2021 my Indian passports due to expired so we have to renew them and Indian embessy took longer to renew them. Then I have send them my new passports in November 2021.
Them Euss Settlement wanted stateless document for my 2 year old baby who is dependent in my application so they had to give me passports back in order to apply for stateless certificate from Indian Embassy and after that they didn't ask for passports back yet and we have used them for biometric in March this year.

I have called them 8 times is last 7 weeks and once emailed them, they are keep escalating my request.

I am so confused what to do.

Also due to section 3C we wouldn't loose our 1st set of flrfp as we were relying on euss Settlement so I believe people like me applying flrfp with this gap in between still can continue 10 year route without starting all over again.
That's what I have heard.

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:47 pm

Jay444 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:03 pm
Thank you for reply Nyambeye.
All I can imagine why my COA not done yet.
Firstly my biometric from flrfp expired in December 2021.
When I have applied Euss on June 29th 2021 my Indian passports due to expired so we have to renew them and Indian embessy took longer to renew them. Then I have send them my new passports in November 2021.
Them Euss Settlement wanted stateless document for my 2 year old baby who is dependent in my application so they had to give me passports back in order to apply for stateless certificate from Indian Embassy and after that they didn't ask for passports back yet and we have used them for biometric in March this year.

I have called them 8 times is last 7 weeks and once emailed them, they are keep escalating my request.

I am so confused what to do.

Also due to section 3C we wouldn't loose our 1st set of flrfp as we were relying on euss Settlement so I believe people like me applying flrfp with this gap in between still can continue 10 year route without starting all over again.
That's what I have heard.
@Jay444 I'd advise you to also report the issue of the delayed COA to IMA for the citizens rights agreements via their website: https://ima-citizensrights.org.uk/news_ ... on-delays/
Hackney Law centre encouraged all those experiencing COA delays to contact the above organisation, so that they are aware.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Jay444 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:03 pm

I thought India had now agreed to take these children, even though an Indain parent did not register their birth with India to try to make them intentailly stateless ? @secret.simon had posted about this before in the past, a few times.

timinis2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by timinis2 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:09 pm

rai75 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:10 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:29 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:46 pm
I have Leave to remain on 10 year route
I applied Zambrano case 2021 june
Received acknowledgment August 2021
Received fingerprints invitation Feb 2022
Logged fingerprints 14th March 2022
Waiting for decision.
I still have valid Leave to remain expiring in Feb 2024.
I don’t know if we will get positive outcome for Zambrano application.
If any one received any positive for similar applications?
Update
Home office request post original possport or BRP cards
I am just wondering why they requested original when they already have our all record also we have valid leave to remain.
I am not sure if it’s positive sign?
Thank you

Update**********
Received passport back today by recoded delivery for all family ,
I can check my online status saying

You can work in the UK until you receive a
decision on your application or the outcome of
any appeal on your application to the EU
Settlement Scheme. This includes where you
have chosen to make an appeal after an
administrative review.
Details
You can work in any job.
You will need to prove your right to work again in 6
months, or if you change jobs.
I hope it will be positive decision.
Up date*******
Received decision
Application refused home office saying because I already have valid leave to remain so I don’t qualify for Zambrano.
😞

Eburnie27
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Eburnie27 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:25 pm

timinis2 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:09 pm
rai75 wrote:
timinis2 wrote:
timinis2 wrote:
timinis2 wrote:
Waiting for decision.
Update

Up date*******
Received decision
Application refused home office saying because I already have valid leave to remain so I don’t qualify for Zambrano.
😞

I am so sorry about this unfortunate outcome. What are going to be your next steps?

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:54 pm

timinis2 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:09 pm
rai75 wrote:
timinis2 wrote:
timinis2 wrote:
timinis2 wrote:
Waiting for decision.
Update
Home office request post original possport or BRP cards
I am just wondering why they requested original when they already have our all record also we have valid leave to remain.
I am not sure if it’s positive sign?
Thank you

Update**********
Received passport back today by recoded delivery for all family ,
I can check my online status saying

You can work in the UK until you receive a
decision on your application or the outcome of
any appeal on your application to the EU
Settlement Scheme. This includes where you
have chosen to make an appeal after an
administrative review.
Details
You can work in any job.
You will need to prove your right to work again in 6
months, or if you change jobs.
I hope it will be positive decision.
Up date*******
Received decision
😞

Sorry about that but I think you will need to appeal . I think @snooky will you know what to do more.

Just checked mine online but my photo has been removed .
Attachments
Screenshot_20220709-205144_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220709-205144_Chrome.jpg (299.15 KiB) Viewed 2196 times

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:04 pm

My photo has been removed too. Only God knows what is next. We pray for positive

Simplychic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simplychic » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:18 am

Now that they have removed everyone's picture from the online status, it looks like they are up to no good, can anyone please help us on how to go about the administrative review and [or] appeal. There is too much at stake alot of people did not renew their flr, some are now on universal credit while some have applied and gain admission into various universities and got their student loan approved. what will happen to all the changes in people's lives over the last year.

timinis2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by timinis2 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:42 am

Mine removed completely.

We cannot show your details
To prove your right to work to an employer, contact UK
Visas and Immigration.
If you have applied to extend your stay
Ask your employer to check your right to work with the
Home Office.

No picture no status as well.
I guess they are giving decisions on all applications which were on hold . I am going for appeal administration review is useless never work.

Kmt2014
Nigeria

Post by Kmt2014 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:57 am

Drot wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:55 pm
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but I have been following this forum and reading people stories. Would like to put mine out here maybe it can encourage some that are discourage. I applied on the 30th of may for the Su settlement as a primary carer of a British citizen. I went in to put my biometric on the 10th of June, on my way home on that same day I got a call from someone from the home office requesting a clear picture of my biometric resident permit. I send it on that same day, on the 26th of June I receive an email for proof of my resident from 2017-2019. I send it to them on that same day, I send all the bank statements. On the 4th of July I got my settlement status. I was on 10 years route. This was my 2nd time to renew, I renewed my 2.5y last December and it’s still valid. I am a single mum to a British citizen who is 6yrs. Just to encourage anyone not to loose hope, when you pray God listen to his kids. God is good🙏🏿

Hi congrats. Please do you have any link to EU. Sorry for asking. As am confused people are being refused if on 10year or 5 year parent route. Thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:23 am

Simplychic wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:18 am
There is too much at stake alot of people did not renew their flr, some are now on universal credit while some have applied and gain admission into various universities and got their student loan approved. what will happen to all the changes in people's lives over the last year.
From page 116 on this thread-
JB007 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:50 pm
netqueen wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:14 pm

@ Snooky, Has HO lodge the appeal against the Akinsanya case and been barred from going further or they are yet to lodge the appeal or have been prevented from appealing the decision? which is the current situation , Do you happen to know?
The case seems to have been brought by the Hackney Community Law Centre
https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... /1535.html

You can read about the case on their site and the facts about what this means at the moment
https://hclc.org.uk/2021/06/zambrano-ca ... d-to-know/
I assume the information on that hclc link dated June 2021, is still relevant?-

Am I eligible for universal credit?

If you have limited leave to remain with no prohibition on recourse to public funds, then you are eligible for universal credit on the same terms as a British citizen. Making a Zambrano EUSS application does not affect this. If the Zambrano EUSS application is eventually granted (after the Home Office has reconsidered Appendix EU) and you are given ‘settled status’ because you have been a Zambrano carer for more than 5 years, then your eligibility for benefits will not change.

But, if you are eventually given only ‘pre-settled status’, this kind of leave to remain may not count as eligibility for universal credit. Under the current Universal Credit Regulations it does not count, but a case before the Supreme Court called Fratila may lead to a change in this law.

If I make a Zambrano EUSS application, am I eligible for free NHS treatment

Yes. A person with a pending EUSS application is not chargeable for NHS treatment:

regulation 13A(1) of the NHS (Charges to Overseas Visitors) Regulations 2015 (as amended by S.I. 2020/1423). If the application is granted then any charges recovered for services from the date of the EUSS application must be repaid.

However, if the EUSS application is refused then charges must be made for services provided after the date of application (unless the person is exempt for another reason): reg 13A(4).

For those wanting to work, there is information on there too about that. but again, that article was written a year ago.

Simplychic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simplychic » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:33 pm

@JB007 thanks for your response, hat will happen to all the people who have through their COA they are now on universal credit and those who are suppose to go to Uni in September?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:06 pm

Simplychic wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:33 pm
@JB007 thanks for your response, hat will happen to all the people who have through their COA they are now on universal credit and those who are suppose to go to Uni in September?
I don't know. I was just quoting from the Hackney Community Law Centre article, linked on here last year. They brought the Akinsanya case.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:25 pm

@Tina87

I am thinking there may be a general problem with the photographic part of digital status. I checked my digital COA 2 days ago and it was ok although mine had always only had a scanned copy of the bio data part of my passport showing. No photograph of me. I haven't enrolled my biometric yet. Will do so this week so I was surprised a COA was even issued.
Based on what I was reading here this morning, I have just checked the online COA now and even the scanned copy of my passport is no longer showing so I think there is probably an issue.
Bearing in mind that I already hold pre-settled status expiring Feb 2025 and only applied for settled because I was due in Dec 2021.
I will be fighting hard if they mess up the digital statuses with all their huuhaa (palava) if they know they are not ready to give decisions. People's lives depend on these.
Best of luck everyone

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Simplychic wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:33 pm
In addition to my last reply to the above. Even if you can still have home fees and UK funded student loans, under the welfare reforms, I think I read that there are changes for parents on the Uniiversal Credit welfare benefit who go to university? Complety different rules to the leagcy (old) welfare benefits for parent students on the the now defunct Tax Credit welfare benefit and Housing Benefit. Less welfare money given on UC due to student loans being included as their income, even if they decide not to take those student loans (as they had hoped to live on welfare benefits instead and avoid student debt). Much fairer to all students as most students are not allowed to claim welfare benefits and have to take student debt/work/save up for their time studying.

That less benefit money might also affect those already claim those old legacy benefits and are students, as these will be moved off those legacy benefits over the next 2 years and on to Universal Credit.

Agyapa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Agyapa » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:41 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:25 pm
@Tina87

I am thinking there may be a general problem with the photographic part of digital status. I checked my digital COA 2 days ago and it was ok although mine had always only had a scanned copy of the bio data part of my passport showing. No photograph of me. I haven't enrolled my biometric yet. Will do so this week so I was surprised a COA was even issued.
Based on what I was reading here this morning, I have just checked the online COA now and even the scanned copy of my passport is no longer showing so I think there is probably an issue.
Bearing in mind that I already hold pre-settled status expiring Feb 2025 and only applied for settled because I was due in Dec 2021.
I will be fighting hard if they mess up the digital statuses with all their huuhaa (palava) if they know they are not ready to give decisions. People's lives depend on these.
Best of luck everyone

@ Nyamebeye, you're right that there seems to be a technical problem with the photo section of the online status. I have just checked my friend's who has settled status and the photograph is not available, but the status is showing.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:17 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:38 am
to be free wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:05 am
@ebonyangel and others, What are you going to do with your university application now that People with limited leave do not qualify for Zambarano.

I have an interview tomorrow. I am wondering whether I should attend.
@tobefree I would still attend the interview, it is not over yet. It looks like Akinsanyas Legal team will either be submitting a Judicial Review or an appeal and they have asked for decisions to be placed on hold for now. I am going ahead with University studies for this September and if I'm denied settled status, I plan to appeal untill the whole process is exhausted. Let's not give up 🙂
So after my nursing interview, the university contacted me today to say the share code is not working so my application is incomplete.

COA is useless now

Simplychic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simplychic » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm

This new development on share code and missing photograph on our online account unsettles me, I don't think this is a technical problem, I am beginning to think they did this deliberately.
Does anyone have information about the Doughty street chambers Seminar on Akinsanya's case? Please update us if you have any information.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Simplychic wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm
This new development on share code and missing photograph on our online account unsettles me, I don't think this is a technical problem, I am beginning to think they did this deliberately.
Does anyone have information about the Doughty street chambers Seminar on Akinsanya's case? Please update us if you have any information.
I don't think it is a technical problem. I believe they are in the process of sending out rejection letters. Meanwhile it is is not possible to use COA as the share code cannot be generated or used.