ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Surcharge Waiver - PBS Dependent extension - Health & Care Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SKJ1984
India

IHS Surcharge Waiver - PBS Dependent extension - Health & Care Visa

Post by SKJ1984 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 pm

Hello All,

We would be extending our visa this Aug as given below.

Wife - T2 General (NHS) to Health Care Visa (Same employer) - Cos end date 01-Sep-2024
Dependent - PBS dependent to Health care - will end 01-Sep-2024

I know IHS surcharge is waived for health care workers and dependents during extension.
But in Sep 2024 when my wife applies for ILR, I would still need 3 months to complete the 5 years as I arrived as dependent only in Dec-2019. I would have to apply for PBS dependent extension.

Would I need to pay IHS that time during extension when the main applicant is applying for ILR (Assuming she still continues in NHS)
Has anyone faced this scenario?

Note : The request to NHS to extend the visa for more than 2 years was rejected as it is a NHS policy to sponsor only for 5 years in total.

John3293
Mood:
India

Re: IHS Surcharge Waiver - PBS Dependent extension - Health & Care Visa

Post by John3293 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:36 pm

The same is my situation too. I had applied on 1st of June for my own healthcare dependant visa extension and ILR for my spouse.
I wasn't required to pay IHS. However, both our visas are pending decision from home office.

Though my wife made a priority application, we are supposed to get the decision yesterday and yet not received.

As I have made a visa extension application using UKVI app, I didn't get an option for priority visa unfortunately this time.πŸ˜•

So, will update you once I get a decision 😊

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:13 pm

John3293 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:36 pm
The same is my situation too. I had applied on 1st of June for my own healthcare dependant visa extension and ILR for my spouse.
I wasn't required to pay IHS. However, both our visas are pending decision from home office.

Though my wife made a priority application, we are supposed to get the decision yesterday and yet not received.

As I have made a visa extension application using UKVI app, I didn't get an option for priority visa unfortunately this time.πŸ˜•

Thanks a lot John. Congratulations first for your application. Please let us all know the outcome of the applications.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 pm

SKJ1984 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:13 pm

Thanks a lot John. Congratulations first for your application. Please let us all know the outcome of the applications.
Sure, buddy. My wife's visa isn't decided yet and this is the 7th working day. Happy that I'll get the refund, but worried about the future as we plan to travel back to home country.

I know 7 days is nothing compared to others 😁

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:41 am

SKJ1984 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:13 pm

Hiya,

I got both of our visas approved now.

My wife's ILR was approved on Jul 04, 2022 as she applied using Priority Service.

Mine was approved today morning for another 3 years with no IHS.

Wish you all the best buddy!

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:06 pm

Thanks Matey. That's a relief.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:29 am

Update : My wife received cos for 2 years 4 months as requested to visa team. NHS rights to work team now acknowledged that they can provide visa (if needed) not restricting to 5 years 14 days in total. This would eliminate me and kids needing to renew again.