ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application - Questions

Post by kaps84 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:58 pm

Hi Gurus, I have the following questions to ask about the naturalisation application:

Immigration Journey: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) -> Tier 1 (Extension) switch to Tier 2 (General) -> ILR (2 years ago)

1) Do I have to provide information about the Parking Charge Notice(s) - I might have received 1 or 2 in last 5 years. I believe these are not regarded as Fixed Penality Notices?

2) Do I need to provide evidence of National Insurance Contributions covering the relevant period? Payslips? P60's or letter from employers?

Also, if someone can review the list of documents I am planning to submit:

Documents List generated by the application:
1) Passport - I am planning to submit both the current and the previous
2) English language certificate - CEFR B1
3) Proof of living in the UK for 5 years if applying in your own right. - I am planning to submit Current Passport + ILR BRP + Declaration letter for Absence from UK - for this requirement.
4) Current Biometric Residence Permit - ILR BRP for this.
5) Two referee declarations - 1) Adult British Passport holder 2) Company director with British passport. Hope this suffice the requirement?.

Additional list of documents not part of the checklist:
6) Concent forms - From Myself and my wife. I am really not sure if a consent form from Wife is required because her details are mentioned in the application form as spouse. She intends to apply for naturalistion later.
7) Marriage certificate - Since marriage date has been provided in the form.
8) Employment verification letter + latest P60 - To substantiate the employement details provided in the application form. Employer Name + Address + Tax reference number
8) National Identity card of my country of Birth.
9) Life in the UK Certificate.

Kindly suggest if its an overkill and if any of these documents are not required.
Also, suggest if I should include any other document that I might have missed? I can still think of the following documents but not sure if required:

a) Property document (Land Registry or Council Tax BIll) - to substantiate my intention to live in the UK as my main home?

Thanks,

Kaps84
-- Kaps84

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Application - Questions

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:13 am

kaps84 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:58 pm
Hi Gurus, I have the following questions to ask about the naturalisation application:

Immigration Journey: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) -> Tier 1 (Extension) switch to Tier 2 (General) -> ILR (2 years ago)

1) Do I have to provide information about the Parking Charge Notice(s) - I might have received 1 or 2 in last 5 years. I believe these are not regarded as Fixed Penality Notices?
PCNs from private parking companies don't need to be mentioned (i.e. supermarket car parks, etc).

2) Do I need to provide evidence of National Insurance Contributions covering the relevant period? Payslips? P60's or letter from employers?
If you are self-employed the latest self-assessment. You don't actually have to prove your NI contributions specifically - you will give your NINO.

Also, if someone can review the list of documents I am planning to submit:

Documents List generated by the application:
1) Passport - I am planning to submit both the current and the previous Current PP only if it covers the whole of the residency period - if not previous PP also.
2) English language certificate - CEFR B1 ok
3) Proof of living in the UK for 5 years if applying in your own right. - I am planning to submit Current Passport + ILR BRP + Declaration letter for Absence from UK - for this requirement. Your PP/BRP - no letter required for absences.
4) Current Biometric Residence Permit - ILR BRP for this. ok
5) Two referee declarations - 1) Adult British Passport holder 2) Company director with British passport. Hope this suffice the requirement?. ok

Additional list of documents not part of the checklist:
6) Concent forms - From Myself and my wife. I am really not sure if a consent form from Wife is required because her details are mentioned in the application form as spouse. She intends to apply for naturalistion later.
You are referring to the data consent forms? Just for you. Nobody needs to give consent for the application, you apply in your right, including your wife when she applies eventually.
7) Marriage certificate - Since marriage date has been provided in the form.
not required
8) Employment verification letter + latest P60 - To substantiate the employement details provided in the application form. Employer Name + Address + Tax reference number
not required - just list your employments.
8) National Identity card of my country of Birth.
not required.
9) Life in the UK Certificate.
ok

Kindly suggest if its an overkill and if any of these documents are not required.
The application requires only a minimum number of documents, unlike visas or ILR.
Also, suggest if I should include any other document that I might have missed? I can still think of the following documents but not sure if required:

a) Property document (Land Registry or Council Tax BIll) - to substantiate my intention to live in the UK as my main home?
not required.

Thanks,

Kaps84
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:28 am

Employment verification letter + latest P60 - To substantiate the employement details provided in the application form. Employer Name + Address + Tax reference number
not required - just list your employments.
Hi @alterhase58, Many thanks for taking time and answering my questions. I really appreciate it.
With regards to the above quoted, you mentioned "Just list your employments" - Whereas it asks only for the current employment and not the history. I believe it used to ask for the employment history OR do I really need to provide the employment history ?
-- Kaps84

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:42 am

OK, sorry, I did know about that, employment history not required. So there's no need to provide or prove employment history. If not required no need to provide details. Also no need to prove current employment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:13 pm

If you are self-employed the latest self-assessment. You don't actually have to prove your NI contributions specifically - you will give your NINO.
WIth regards to the above, I am not self employed I am now in permanent employment. Do I need to provide verification of current employment and/or current P60 ?
-- Kaps84

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:13 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:13 pm
WIth regards to the above, I am not self employed I am now in permanent employment. Do I need to provide verification of current employment and/or current P60 ?
No need for P60 or proof of employment.
As you are not self-employed you don't have a self-assessment, so not relevant.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:42 pm

Hi alterhase58, Thanks for your response.
Regarding the quoted, I am not self-employed but I do self-assessment every year. (To incorporate P11D earnings). Does this change your response about not submitting any employment documents ?
-- Kaps84

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:41 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:42 pm
Hi alterhase58, Thanks for your response.
Regarding the quoted, I am not self-employed but I do self-assessment every year. (To incorporate P11D earnings). Does this change your response about not submitting any employment documents ?
My answer is unchanged.
If you had been self-employed at the time of application you would have been required to submit the self-employed assessment return.
The reason is that self-employed's don't pay for NI contributions through PAYE.
Employment documents are used to prove residency, especially by EU citizens whose passports aren't stamped.
Those under UK ILR just need to provide their passport(s)/BRP.
There is no need to prove employment as it's not a requirement for the application.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:11 pm

Thanks alterhase58, Appreciate your time and help !
-- Kaps84