ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

to be free
Venezuela

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by to be free » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:54 pm

to be free wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:52 pm
Simplychic wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm
This new development on share code and missing photograph on our online account unsettles me, I don't think this is a technical problem, I am beginning to think they did this deliberately.
Does anyone have information about the Doughty street chambers Seminar on Akinsanya's case? Please update us if you have any information.
I don't think it is a technical problem. I believe they are in the process of sending out rejection letters. Meanwhile it is is not possible to use COA as the share code cannot be generated or used.

I enjoyed the interview anyway. It was a good learning experience I will use one day in the near future.

Eburnie27
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Eburnie27 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:57 pm

Simplychic wrote:
This new development on share code and missing photograph on our online account unsettles me, I don't think this is a technical problem, I am beginning to think they did this deliberately.
Does anyone have information about the Doughty street chambers Seminar on Akinsanya's case? Please update us if you have any information.
Good afternoon, this is the answer that I got from Nyamebeye when I asked last week

"Something in the lines of a pending review possibly Akinsanya No 2. They await a decision from the home office for Akinsanya and if she is not granted her settled status, then the battle continues. If she is granted because she had already completed 5yrs under Zambrano before she applied for her flr fp, then the battle will be for those who have not yet completed 5 yrs of Zambrano and have been excluded because they have limited leave."
It sounded like everyone is waiting to know the direction of the home office when they start dishing out decisions and take it from there.

Hope it helps

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:10 pm

to be free wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:54 pm
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:
I don't think it is a technical problem. I believe they are in the process of sending out rejection letters. Meanwhile it is is not possible to use COA as the share code cannot be generated or used.

I enjoyed the interview anyway. It was a good learning experience I will use one day in the near future.
@tobefree do you still have leave to remain under appendix FM? It seems Wales is providing student finance for those under this immigration category, its worth a try if you're willing to relocate.
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... fee-status
The Home Office should not deactivate the COA's without providing us with refusal letters and without the full appeal process being completed/ exhausted. Hackney Law Centre and Doughty Street Chambers strongly advised that we submit administrative reviews once a refusal letter is received and that its taking 6-12 months for the Home Office to process them LOL.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:29 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:10 pm
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:

@tobefree do you still have leave to remain under appendix FM? It seems Wales is providing student finance for those under this immigration category, its worth a try if you're willing to relocate.
The Home Office should not deactivate the COA's without providing us with refusal letters and without the full appeal process being completed/ exhausted. Hackney Law Centre and Doughty Street Chambers strongly advised that we submit administrative reviews once a refusal letter is received and that its taking 6-12 months for the Home Office to process them LOL.
Thanks @ebonyangel. I will check this out but how do I relocate with two teenage children almost sitting for GCSE...they will not come with me

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:54 pm

to be free wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:29 pm
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:

Thanks @ebonyangel. I will check this out but how do I relocate with two teenage children almost sitting for GCSE...they will not come with me
You're welcome @tobefree we are all here to help each other. My son is also studying his A Levels at College but he has agreed to move with me to Wales if they cancel my COA.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:54 pm
to be free wrote:
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:

You're welcome @tobefree we are all here to help each other. My son is also studying his A Levels at College but he has agreed to move with me to Wales if they cancel my COA.
They are really making it so hard for us. Thanks @ebonyangel. What about work?

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:20 pm

to be free wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:00 pm
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:

They are really making it so hard for us. Thanks @ebonyangel. What about work?
So long as we appeal or request an administrative review we can still work.

Simplychic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simplychic » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:32 pm

So for people who used the COA to secure a place in the uni and also got their studrnt loan approved, what will they do after being refused the Zambrano application, will they go ahead and continue to fight or just give up on uni?

Whyworry
Nigeria

Post by Whyworry » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:30 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:

Thanks for this information very helpful, it’s a shame this is not happening in London university and the surrounding

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:45 pm

I can appreciate and understand the uncertainties and anxiety this issue has brought to everyone.
However I am not convinced that the issue with the digital status is a deliberate act of the home office. I cannot comparend why they will decide to cause chaos at a time when they have extended the period for zambrano applications.

Has anyone raised this issue with the resolution centre at all? I know it's a pain to call them but people need to log the issues with them.
Whenever I have had a difficult person at the end of the phone, I always asked to speak to a manager instead. All my reasons for calling have always been actioned afterwards.

I hope this issue gets resolved sooner rather than later. @homeoffice -People's lives depend on this. so don't mess with them.

Whyworry
Nigeria

Post by Whyworry » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:57 pm

I don’t think it’s deliberately .

This is the current page of view your status:

GOV.UK
You cannot use this service
at the moment
We are doing planned maintenance. Please
try again later.
Back to GOV.UK
OGL
All content is available under the Open Government
Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated
DIEU
PROIT
ET MON
© Crown copyright

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 pm

Whyworry wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:30 pm
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:

Thanks for this information very helpful, it’s a shame this is not happening in London university and the surrounding
@whyworry you're welcome, it's a shame that appendix FM (parents of British children) are excluded from university home fees and student loans in England. If my EU COA is cancelled, I might relocate to Wales for studies. Time is ticking by and I'm tired of the games being played by the Home Office.

Agyapa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Agyapa » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:08 pm

"You cannot use this service at the moment
We are doing planned maintenance. Please try again later.
Back to GOV.UK"

I also just got the above message when I tried to check my status online. On a lighter note, I'm sure BOJO has ordered his Priti Lady to grant all Zambrano carers their status :) :lol:

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:35 pm

Agyapa wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:08 pm
"You cannot use this service at the moment
We are doing planned maintenance. Please try again later.
Back to GOV.UK"

I also just got the above message when I tried to check my status online. On a lighter note, I'm sure BOJO has ordered his Priti Lady to grant all Zambrano carers their status :) :lol:
OMG Agapye!! You have literally made me laugh out loud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣....I'm looking forward to tomorrow's updates on the GOV.UK website...

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:52 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:
Simplychic wrote:

Awwwwwwwww

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:05 am

I have just checked mine and it still shows the COA. However when I tried to generate the shared code, it said 'we cannot show your details'
Attachments
32208C58-408E-4C78-A9E6-E07628574DA3.png
32208C58-408E-4C78-A9E6-E07628574DA3.png (683.05 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
FF906CD9-146F-4FF2-92E4-D67D0E36B4E4.png
FF906CD9-146F-4FF2-92E4-D67D0E36B4E4.png (374.52 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
18EE682A-17FA-49E6-AEBF-A75006DE6A1B.png
18EE682A-17FA-49E6-AEBF-A75006DE6A1B.png (392.8 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
AAF2BE0D-EF75-45B5-A74C-5FF3FC4C0864.png
AAF2BE0D-EF75-45B5-A74C-5FF3FC4C0864.png (369.2 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
4E9879B6-22B0-40BD-9BE8-342214D00D1E.png
4E9879B6-22B0-40BD-9BE8-342214D00D1E.png (436.15 KiB) Viewed 2915 times

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:11 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:52 pm
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
Eboniangel wrote:
to be free wrote:
to be free wrote:

Awwwwwwwww
Thanks @Lulubaby 😊

Owotonia
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Owotonia » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:33 pm

I also got the no photo and share code problem
called them and was told it was technical problem, they told me that I will be contacted when it’s fixed

Agyapa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Agyapa » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:23 pm

Owotonia wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:33 pm
I also got the no photo and share code problem
called them and was told it was technical problem, they told me that I will be contacted when it’s fixed
The home office is in a mess! Are they really going to contact everyone affected by this so called technical problem when they fix it? It's not just those with COA who are affected, but also anyone with settled or pre settled status cannot have share code to prove their right to work, rent, apply for benefits, education, etc. This is getting ridiculously not funny anymore!

Wizzyjay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wizzyjay » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:58 am

It’s getting crazy trust me. I don’t know why Home office doesn’t realised they are playing with peoples lives. The same children they are to protect, they are frustrating by not granting parent their status. Imagine children here for over 10 years and not going out for a single holidays because parent don’t have their status granted for years. So sad

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:19 am

Wizzyjay wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:58 am
It’s getting crazy trust me. I don’t know why Home office doesn’t realised they are playing with peoples lives. The same children they are to protect, they are frustrating by not granting parent their status. Imagine children here for over 10 years and not going out for a single holidays because parent don’t have their status granted for years. So sad

You are right: The law is always termed as an arse.

Inside the government white paper manual is buried what is described as Positive Discrimination Order.

This blue print is used to deter people so that they always languish

annaoyin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by annaoyin » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:00 pm

Good Evening all, I am a silent user of this forum, and I will like to get some support regarding the SLC and COA. I have been going back and forth with student finance as they refuse to award a temporary loan for my studies I started this February. These are the responses I got from the stage two caseworker after sending the COA link to her. Pls, see below.

Dear Ms xxx

Thank you for your email to the Stage 2 mailbox of the Formal Appeals department that was received on the 8 July 2022 following the Stage 2 Formal Appeal response provided to you on 22 June 2022.

Within your email you have provided the access to student finance in England late application to EU Settlement Scheme guidance. I can confirm that the Student Loans Company (SLC) has taken this into consideration. I appreciate you submitted your
a European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) application on 11 February 2022 and the guidance you have provided states:

Once a valid application has been made to the EUSS (evidenced by receipt of a certificate of application (COA)), the applicant will have temporary protection, pending the outcome of that application.

Unfortunately has your EUSS application outcome is still pending having temporary protection does mean you have been granted a status through the EUSS. Therefore, the SLC must review your eligibility for support on the basis of your Leave to Remain (LTR) immigration status as stipulated in your Formal Appeal Stage 2 response which is in accordance with the Education (Student Support) Regulations 2011 (as amended).

Therefore, I must inform you that the regulations have been applied correctly and unfortunately your Formal Appeal remains unsuccessful.

Yours sincerely

Xxxx | Formal Appeals | Stage 2
Student Loans Company
PO Box 226, Memphis Building, Lingfield Point, Darlington DL1 9GA.

What pls kindly advice me what should I do next? As this is been stressing me out ad my school is chasing up for the school fees that if by end of July no positive response from SLC I will have to start making payment. Pls I need help 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:49 pm

#SFE OR SLC

To those bringing these issues here, the answer is simple and straightforward;

The SFE is not and would not be given to anyone with CoA and or Temporary Leave.

This is because the money is a loan and should the HO refuses your application, that SLC will lose the money.

Their laws of dispensing money is clear

1. You have to be free from immigration
2. You have to have a confirmed right to reside
3. You have to be a habitual resident
4. Appendix FM Children who have spent half their age in UK
5. Asylum Seekers

So please if you have CoA, don't waste your time with them, because every check they make from the HO will not be in your favour.

Your inability to secure the money isn't SLC doing. HO fires the shots

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:20 am

annaoyin wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:00 pm
Good Evening all, I am a silent user of this forum, and I will like to get some support regarding the SLC and COA. I have been going back and forth with student finance as they refuse to award a temporary loan for my studies I started this February. These are the responses I got from the stage two caseworker after sending the COA link to her. Pls, see below.

Dear Ms xxx

Thank you for your email to the Stage 2 mailbox of the Formal Appeals department that was received on the 8 July 2022 following the Stage 2 Formal Appeal response provided to you on 22 June 2022.

Within your email you have provided the access to student finance in England late application to EU Settlement Scheme guidance. I can confirm that the Student Loans Company (SLC) has taken this into consideration. I appreciate you submitted your
a European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) application on 11 February 2022 and the guidance you have provided states:

Once a valid application has been made to the EUSS (evidenced by receipt of a certificate of application (COA)), the applicant will have temporary protection, pending the outcome of that application.

Unfortunately has your EUSS application outcome is still pending having temporary protection does mean you have been granted a status through the EUSS. Therefore, the SLC must review your eligibility for support on the basis of your Leave to Remain (LTR) immigration status as stipulated in your Formal Appeal Stage 2 response which is in accordance with the Education (Student Support) Regulations 2011 (as amended).

Therefore, I must inform you that the regulations have been applied correctly and unfortunately your Formal Appeal remains unsuccessful.

Yours sincerely

Student Loans Company

What pls kindly advice me what should I do next? As this is been stressing me out ad my school is chasing up for the school fees that if by end of July no positive response from SLC I will have to start making payment. Pls I need help 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Sorry to hear this. Don't stress yourself. If they ask you to pay and you cannot afford it just quit the school. You will one day study when everything is sorted.

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:33 am

annaoyin wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:00 pm

Dear Ms xxx

Yours sincerely

Student Loans Company

I am sorry to hear that @annaoyin - I know this is a long shot because there is a lot of truth in what @Snooky has explained.
Make a detailed complaint against the student loans company via the IMA (Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens Rights Agreement) website: https://complaints.ima-citizensrights.o ... complaint/

Alternatively, obtain legal advice from a qualified Public Lawyer, to see if a judicial review can be raised. If your case has merit and depending on your finances, you may get legal aid because it's not immigration related.

All the best and good luck!!