ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is required when you receive the citizenship approval?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

What is required when you receive the citizenship approval?

Post by siseñor » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:44 am

Hello,

For those who have received an approval letter and continued the process with the declaration of fidelity form, what was exactly required from you to receive the certificate? Do you need a solicitor's help with anything? Is it done online or must be posted?

Thanks for any info in advance.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Re: What is required when you receive the citizenship approval?

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:06 am

When you receive the letter they ask you to pay the fee online and upload a picture and passport scan. There are instructions within the letter and it's a pretty easy procedure.

You also need to fill out the oath of fidelity form you find within the letter (this one is paper, not online) and ship it back to the citizenship division via post. This specific form needs to be filled in front of a solicitor. One part will be filled by you, the other by the solicitor. It's a very easy form and solicitors do it in a minute really, so you can pick any solicitor, it doesn't have to be a specific one.

After that, you wait until someone from the citizenship division processes the fee, and you get notified via email when that happens. Then you wait. How long it's a little bit of a mystery because some people wait 2 weeks, some a lot longer than that. Let us know when you receive the letter

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:30 am

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:06 am
When you receive the letter they ask you to pay the fee online and upload a picture and passport scan. There are instructions within the letter and it's a pretty easy procedure.

You also need to fill out the oath of fidelity form you find within the letter (this one is paper, not online) and ship it back to the citizenship division via post. This specific form needs to be filled in front of a solicitor. One part will be filled by you, the other by the solicitor. It's a very easy form and solicitors do it in a minute really, so you can pick any solicitor, it doesn't have to be a specific one.

After that, you wait until someone from the citizenship division processes the fee, and you get notified via email when that happens. Then you wait. How long it's a little bit of a mystery because some people wait 2 weeks, some a lot longer than that. Let us know when you receive the letter
AmiVera2022, thanks so much for all the info and the helpful answer! I've been outside of Ireland for a few weeks now and there's a chance the letter might be in the mail box now, that's why I asked so I prepare and respond to it as soon as I'm back. Thanks again!

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:18 am

siseñor wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:30 am
AmiVera2022 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:06 am

AmiVera2022, thanks so much for all the info and the helpful answer! I've been outside of Ireland for a few weeks now and there's a chance the letter might be in the mail box now, that's why I asked so I prepare and respond to it as soon as I'm back. Thanks again!
No problem! Also, they give you 4 weeks to pay, so it's not 10 days any more thank goodness.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:08 am

siseñor wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:44 am
Hello,

For those who have received an approval letter and continued the process with the declaration of fidelity form, what was exactly required from you to receive the certificate? Do you need a solicitor's help with anything? Is it done online or must be posted?

Thanks for any info in advance.
Hi siseñor, it looks like the citizenship division is not sending the oath of fidelity anymore, it's just the approval letter so you will only need to do the online procedure. That's what people are saying now which means attending the ceremony in December. Cheers