ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanians..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

Romanians..

Post by smiles345 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:57 am

we got a husband and wife self employed romanians. can the husband of the lady be employed by us rather than self employed? can anybody pls help?

petkanov

Yes

Post by petkanov » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 pm

Spouses of Bulgarian or Romanian nationals that are self employed are exempt from work authorization and can work. If they wish they can apply for a registration certificate that confirms that, but this is a right which the spouse of self employed has automatically. The registration certificate is voluntary, and is not a condition for employment. If they wish to get it, the form is BR1.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:24 pm

This what the Casework instructions say:

"A2 family members of A2 students, self employed or self sufficient persons will be entitled to obtain a “Blueâ€

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Petnakov, Mr.Rusty many thanx for yr valuable inof. as an employer, would you tell me what all we need to make sure?

so, the family member of the self employed person do not have the full access of the labour market untill they obtain Blue certificate?

regards

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Well, Petkanov says that getting the certificate is voluntary, and I would say he's right.

I've looked through the regs again, and nowhere can I see anything that says a family member MUST have a Blue Certificate, or that a self-employed A2 national MUST have a yellow certificate. But really it's very badly worded. The bit I previously quoted says that a family member is entitled to a Blue certificate, but they only have full access to the labour market as long as they remain a family member of a "Yellow certificate holder". The literal interpretation of that is that if the self-employed person doesn't have a yellow certificate, the family member can't work, but I'm sure that's not what's intended.

I suspect however that if any Romanian or Bulgarian national walks into a Jobcentre or an employment agency and says "I'm a family member of a self-employed A2 national, gissa job," the first thing they'll be asked for is a certificate proving their entitlement. But if your prospective employee is known to you and his/her spouse's status as a self-employed person is not in doubt, I don't think anyone's breaking the law.

aj2008
Newly Registered

Post by aj2008 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 pm

:lol: Hi,

Suggest you visit the Uk Border Agency a Government web site which is very helpful although a little difficult to understand at times.

If it is of help visit [link deleted by Moderator] this site gives lots of information which apply to European partners.

AJ

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:18 pm

aj2008 wrote::lol: Hi,

Suggest you visit the Uk Border Agency a Government web site which is very helpful although a little difficult to understand at times.

If it is of help visit [link deleted by Moderator] this site gives lots of information which apply to European partners.

AJ
This idiot is trying to sell on the forum AND the information above is a total waste of space

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Members of this board need to appreciate that advertising is not permitted. The T&Cs include :-
2. No advertising of commercial web-sites.
Any infringement of this rule will lead to the offender's membership being suspended or deleted.
John