ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship reconsideration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ma2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application for Reconsideration

Post by ma2008 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:07 pm

Hi

I applied for the citizenship reconsideration (paid 372£ )after being rejected on 2020, however I noticed the home office refunded 292£ and it been two weeks still not received anything from the home home office, could anyone advise me if this means the recondition was successful or the refund could be a mistake??

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Re:Applied for citizenship reconsideration

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:26 pm

ma2008 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:07 pm
Hi

I applied for the citizenship reconsideration (paid 372£ )after being rejected on 2020, however I noticed the home office refunded 292£ and it been two weeks still not received anything from the home home office, could anyone advise me if this means the recondition was successful or the refund could be a mistake??
The difference appears to be the ceremony fee which is £80 (reconsideration fee less ceremony is normally refunded on successful outcome). When your application was rejected they should have given you then a refund of £80 for ceremony not attended. You'll have to wait to hear from UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ma2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

citizenship reconsideration

Post by ma2008 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:34 am

I applied for citizenship reconsideration and I noticed a refund of 292£ two weeks ago, many people said say this could be a good sign for a successful reconsideration, however I didn't receive anything yet confirm the refund or the application outcome ?

how long to receive a confirmation letter from the home office for citizenship reconsideration?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re:Applied for citizenship reconsideration

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:26 pm
ma2008 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:07 pm
Hi

The difference appears to be the ceremony fee which is £80 (reconsideration fee less ceremony is normally refunded on successful outcome). When your application was rejected they should have given you then a refund of £80 for ceremony not attended. You'll have to wait to hear from UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: citizenship reconsideration

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:45 pm

ma2008 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:34 am
I applied for citizenship reconsideration and I noticed a refund of 292£ two weeks ago, many people said say this could be a good sign for a successful reconsideration, however I didn't receive anything yet confirm the refund or the application outcome ?

how long to receive a confirmation letter from the home office for citizenship reconsideration?
From alterhase58

ma2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: citizenship reconsideration

Post by ma2008 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:33 pm

Hello

I have update regarding my application, I have called my local Council and they confirmed receipt of my certificate, however I haven't receive anything from the Home office yet?