ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which visa should we apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

which visa should we apply?

Post by Nadeem82 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am

Hi All Moderators,

I am a silent reader of the forum and you guys are doing an absolutely amazing job. I have few questions on behalf of my friend.

My friend married an Egyptian girl [who was divorced and had a daughter with previous marriage] 13 years ago. They are living in UK and have a 10 year old daughter as well now. My friend's wife is on ILR and my friend is a British citizen.

Due to some family issues, my friend and his wife would like to bring the girl from previous marriage to UK to live with them permanently [girl been facing huge pressure of forced marriage in Egypt by his biological father]. The girl is turning 18 this August and always lived with Nan.

Questions we have are:

1) What visa they can apply to bring the girl to live here in UK permanently with family here in UK (her mother, step dad and step sister)?
2) Does she need to prove English proficiency by taking test e.g. A1 test?
3) What is the fee to apply for any such visa?
4) I am assuming my friend needs to show that he can arrange her stay. Can he sponsor her as being step dad and what documents does he need to provide?

Any help/guidance will be highly appreciated.

vinny

Re: which visa should we apply?

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:36 pm

Mother should have sole responsibility and child must apply while under 18.

No English language requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

Post by Nadeem82 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please confirm under what category they will apply?

1) Is there a separate category to join a family?
2) Also when you mentioned Mother should have sole responsibility, does this mean she needs to sponsor her child? She doesn't work and my friend is the chief income earner of the house.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:31 pm

Please click on any given underlined links above for further information.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.