ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by MANANSH » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:19 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:04 pm
You are welcome. The clarity given by others ahead.
Can not tell you how soon it will be but hopefully not so long as already being attended to.
Hello there I have received another email:they are asking now to provide period cover from 2009 till 2017 I thought its for 5 year and I re-submitted my application, I really don't understand why they need over 13 year proof? could anyone kindly help me please.
thanks
Passport or travel document
Your passport(s) or travel document(s) to cover the period from 03 June 2009 to 20 June 2017.

If you scan a passport or travel document, please scan every page, including blank pages
Or

Evidence of continuous residence
Evidence that you were living in the United Kingdom between 03 June 2009 and 20 June 2017. Below is a list of the type of evidence that can show you were living in the United Kingdom (UK). You do not have to send everything on this list, one document covering each period is sufficient, for example a P60 will cover a year. If you do not have official evidence for any period, send other evidence you have to show you were living in the UK. If you don’t have any evidence for a particular year, please tell us what you were doing at the time.
The best evidence to send is official documentation which could include:

evidence of employment such as a P60 tax certificate, salary or wage slips, or a letter from your employer confirming the dates you were employed

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:44 pm

MANANSH wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:19 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:04 pm
You are welcome. The clarity given by others ahead.
Can not tell you how soon it will be but hopefully not so long as already being attended to.
Hello there I have received another email:they are asking now to provide period cover from 2009 till 2017 I thought its for 5 year and I re-submitted my application, I really don't understand why they need over 13 year proof? could anyone kindly help me please.
thanks
Your passport(s) or travel document(s) to cover the period from 03 June 2009 to 20 June 2017.

If you scan a passport or travel document, please scan every page, including blank pages
Or

Evidence that you were living in the United Kingdom between 03 June 2009 and 20 June 2017. Below is a list of the type of evidence that can show you were living in the United Kingdom (UK). You do not have to send everything on this list, one document covering each period is sufficient, for example a P60 will cover a year. If you do not have official evidence for any period, send other evidence you have to show you were living in the UK. If you don’t have any evidence for a particular year, please tell us what you were doing at the time.

evidence of employment such as a P60 tax certificate, salary or wage slips, or a letter from your employer confirming the dates you were employed
Can anyone please help me in above email. I am really not sure what’s happening? Please help

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:19 pm

What exactly is your question? They are telling you very clearly what they need, just supply it. Or do you not have the required documents?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:41 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:19 pm
What exactly is your question? They are telling you very clearly what they need, just supply it. Or do you not have the required documents?
My question is why they are asking me to give documents from 2009 when it’s should be for 5 years time since I submitted the application. Which I already provided. I submitted my application last year in august 2021 and still I have no idea what’s happening. I am not getting my email reply no calls? And I don’t know why they are asking stuff from 2009? Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:48 pm

MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:41 pm
kamoe wrote:
My question is why they are asking me to give documents from 2009 when it’s should be for 5 years time since I submitted the application. Which I already provided. I submitted my application last year in august 2021 and still I have no idea what’s happening. I am not getting my email reply no calls? And I don’t know why they are asking stuff from 2009? Thanks
Each case is different.

No idea why they ask for more evidence, but since they do, unless you just don't have anything to show, easiest thing for you is to just comply and do your best to cover the required period, rather than banging your head against the wall and keep delaying things.

What is your priority? To understand why they are asking for more documents, or to get the citizenship?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:50 pm

MANANSH wrote:
kamoe wrote:
Before they sent me an email saying following:-

I refer to your application for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.
A person applying under this section is expected to have been in the United Kingdom on the actual date 5 years before making the application.
As your application was received in the Home Office on 26 August 2021, you must therefore have been in the United Kingdom on 27 August 2016.
According to your application form you left the United Kingdom on 09 July 2016 and returned on 27 September 2016.
As you were not in the United Kingdom on 27 August 2016 this requirement is not met.
However, if you reply to this email using the address below, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your new application date will be the date that your email is received by the Home Office.
To do this, simply reply to this email using the address nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk confirming that you wish to re submit your application.
Failure to reply between these dates will result in your application being refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying period.)

So I have resubmitted that time as new application as they said it will be new application and it will count from the date I will resubmit which is fine. But now I don’t get it why they are asking the stuff from 13 years back?

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:52 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:48 pm
MANANSH wrote:
kamoe wrote:
Each case is different.

No idea why they ask for more evidence, but since they do, unless you just don't have anything to show, easiest thing for you is to just comply and do your best to cover the required period, rather than banging your head against the wall and keep delaying things.

What is your priority? To understand why they are asking for more documents, or to get the citizenship?

Definitely my priority is to get citizenship. I worked hard and saved money for to get this. But there is no proper communication. What exactly is going to happen? I can’t trace the application I can’t call anyone no one answering so don’t know I am really sorry but I am just trying my best to get things done. I have given what I have but don’t know next? It’s been nearly year now. 😢

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:58 pm

Sorry, I'm re reading their message, will reply shortly.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:58 pm
Again, it's not clear what you are expecting here. "What's next" is very simple: if you do nothing then your application won't progress.

Do follow the instructions sent to you and provide documents that cover the required period, there's no way around it. Asking here why is not going to change the fact that the Home Office is expecting additional evidence, I'm afraid.

Again, do you not have evidence covering since 2009?
I have submitted NI prove that I was here since that date since June 2009 I have provided the prove. But 1st 2 year I was not working I was in womens refuge. Does it make any difference or you have to be working since 2009? I started working from 2010 end. But I am always in uk just few days out for holidays that’s all

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:58 pm
Again, it's not clear what you are expecting here. "What's next" is very simple: if you do nothing then your application won't progress.

Do follow the instructions sent to you and provide documents that cover the required period, there's no way around it. Asking here why is not going to change the fact that the Home Office is expecting additional evidence, I'm afraid.

Again, do you not have evidence covering since 2009?
I have submitted NI prove that I was here since that date since June 2009 I have provided the prove. But 1st 2 year I was not working I was in womens refuge. Does it make any difference or you have to be working since 2009? I started working from 2010 end. But I am always in uk just few days out for holidays that’s all

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:12 pm

MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:05 pm
I have submitted NI prove that I was here since that date since June 2009 I have provided the prove.
Having NI does not prove anything, I'm afraid. You could have gotten a NINO and left the country immediately.
But 1st 2 year I was not working I was in womens refuge.
Can you contact them to write a letter confirming you were with them, including dates? That would be your best bet.
Does it make any difference or you have to be working since 2009? I started working from 2010 end. But I am always in uk just few days out for holidays that’s all
You don't have to be working, but working makes it easier for you, since an employer's certificate is the easiest way to prove you were in the UK.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:19 pm

MANANSH wrote:

Or

Actually, they do tell you you can just send copies of your passport(s) covering that time. What's your nationality? Do your passports have stamps from when you entered/exited the UK? If so, that should be enough.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:48 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:12 pm
MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:05 pm
I have submitted NI prove that I was here since that date since June 2009 I have provided the prove.
Having NI does not prove anything, I'm afraid. You could have gotten a NINO and left the country immediately.
But 1st 2 year I was not working I was in womens refuge.
Can you contact them to write a letter confirming you were with them, including dates? That would be your best bet.
Does it make any difference or you have to be working since 2009? I started working from 2010 end. But I am always in uk just few days out for holidays that’s all
You don't have to be working, but working makes it easier for you, since an employer's certificate is the easiest way to prove you were in the UK.
I have tried sending them my passport which is keep on coming back undelivered. Refuge I have tried they have no old records max they have 10 years. I have called HMRC same they don’t have old records. So I am kind of stuck.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm

MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:48 pm
I have tried sending them my passport which is keep on coming back undelivered.
What are you trying to say here? Where are you sending this?

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:01 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm
MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:48 pm
I have tried sending them my passport which is keep on coming back undelivered.
What are you trying to say here? Where are you sending this?
I am trying to send passport copy to nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk but its keep on coming back undelivered. only NI proof has been delivered i have tried separately also but no luck.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:03 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:19 pm
MANANSH wrote:

Or

Actually, they do tell you you can just send copies of your passport(s) covering that time. What's your nationality? Do your passports have stamps from when you entered/exited the UK? If so, that should be enough.
i have tried but its getting undelivered all the time and i have tried sending alone also still doesn’t go

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:27 pm

MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:01 pm
I am trying to send passport copy to nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk but its keep on coming back undelivered. only NI proof has been delivered i have tried separately also but no luck.
Two things:

1. Is that the right address? (Just double checking)
2. Are you sending colour copies? They advise to only sent black and white, for size restrictions, so that might be a factor.

If after converting to black and white you still can't send it, just send them a message explaining the situation. They might offer an alternative.

I know it's a stressful time, but you need to focus. Your problem is not "Why are they asking me to do this?" but rather "I am trying to send this, and it doesn't work; what can I do?". Asking the right questions, and weeding out what doesn't matter, makes all the difference.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:31 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:27 pm
MANANSH wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:01 pm
Two things:

1. Is that the right address? (Just double checking)
2. Are you sending colour copies? They advise to only sent black and white, for size restrictions, so that might be a factor.

If after converting to black and white you still can't send it, just send them a message explaining the situation. They might offer an alternative.

I know it's a stressful time, but you need to focus. Your problem is not "Why are they asking me to do this?" but rather "I am trying to send this, and it doesn't work; what can I do?". Asking the right questions, and weeding out what doesn't matter, makes all the difference.
yes i have asked them when i send them the NI proof so i havnt got the reply? i know its not important but its good to know why when i have applied for 5 years residency? i didnt received any reply back yet. i have try sending in small size but not black and white.