ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any BC spouses still waiting for Naturalisation approval for 3+ months?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blobasaur
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Any BC spouses still waiting for Naturalisation approval for 3+ months?

Post by blobasaur » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:51 pm

I applied for my Naturalisation as a spouse of a British citizen on 11th April. Its now been ~3 months and i'm yet to hear back from Home office.

I looked through the Naturalisation timelines thread and apart from a few cases where spouses got a response within 2-3 months, most of them seem to be taking very long! In fact, there were loads of posts from folks who applied last year seem to be getting their approvals now :(

Other routes like Tier 2 / 10 year residence etc. seem to be getting processed so much faster with responses coming in just 6-8 weeks.

I was wondering - am i being paranoid? Do spouse applications generally take longer to process? Is there still a chance that I'll receive a response in the coming few weeks or at this stage am i better off giving up and expecting my application will take 6+ months to get any response?

Are there any other spouses who applied 3+ months ago still waiting? How are you handling the uncertainty?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any BC spouses still waiting for Naturalisation approval for 3+ months?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:54 pm

am i being paranoid?
Yes.
Do spouse applications generally take longer to process?
Some do, some don't across all routes.
Is there still a chance that I'll receive a response in the coming few weeks or at this stage am i better off giving up and expecting my application will take 6+ months to get any response?
The standard SLA for citizenship applications is 6 months and sometimes it takes longer. There is nothing you can do to speed it up.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ren33R
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ren33R » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:38 pm

blobasaur wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:51 pm
I applied for my Naturalisation as a spouse of a British citizen on 11th April. Its now been ~3 months and i'm yet to hear back from Home office.

I looked through the Naturalisation timelines thread and apart from a few cases where spouses got a response within 2-3 months, most of them seem to be taking very long! In fact, there were loads of posts from folks who applied last year seem to be getting their approvals now :(

Other routes like Tier 2 / 10 year residence etc. seem to be getting processed so much faster with responses coming in just 6-8 weeks.

I was wondering - am i being paranoid? Do spouse applications generally take longer to process? Is there still a chance that I'll receive a response in the coming few weeks or at this stage am i better off giving up and expecting my application will take 6+ months to get any response?

Are there any other spouses who applied 3+ months ago still waiting? How are you handling the uncertainty?
I’m a BC spouse as well and I’ve been waiting since 2nd April. Not sure it has anything to do with the route, sadly some applications just take longer. The wait is so frustrating! I had hoped to go on holiday with my family but that’s not likely to happen now. Sending love to everyone still waiting and hope we get a response soon! x

blobasaur
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by blobasaur » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:52 pm

Ren33R wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:38 pm

I’m a BC spouse as well and I’ve been waiting since 2nd April. Not sure it has anything to do with the route, sadly some applications just take longer. The wait is so frustrating! I had hoped to go on holiday with my family but that’s not likely to happen now. Sending love to everyone still waiting and hope we get a response soon! x
Thank you so much for your reply! It helps just to know you're not alone and somebody gets the frustration you feel! Fingers crossed and hope that our responses come soon x

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:08 am

Ren33R wrote:
I had hoped to go on holiday with my family but that’s not likely to happen now. Sending love to everyone still waiting and hope we get a response soon! x
You still hold ILR with your BRP and all documentation. There is nothing stopping you going on holiday while the application is taking place.

Ren33R
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ren33R » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:24 am

Ben1989 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:08 am
Ren33R wrote:
I had hoped to go on holiday with my family but that’s not likely to happen now. Sending love to everyone still waiting and hope we get a response soon! x
You still hold ILR with your BRP and all documentation. There is nothing stopping you going on holiday while the application is taking place.
I would need a visa, which I didn’t want to have to spend money/time on too.

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:27 pm

Ren33R wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:24 am
Ben1989 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:08 am
Ren33R wrote:
I would need a visa, which I didn’t want to have to spend money/time on too.
I presume you mean a visa with another country from your current national passport? Your ILR is your British visa, until your ceremony.