ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for email about App

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bonnie17
Newly Registered
United States of America

Waiting for email about App

Post by Bonnie17 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:11 pm

I submitted my application for ILR on the Global Talent route. I then booked a biometrics appointment online because when I logged onto my UKVACS account it said to book. At first there were no appointments showing in my location. However, I checked at 9am and snagged a free one in 4 weeks.

I then found the email below in my spam folder. It says that I will be emailed about whether I can use the app and to wait to book. I haven't received any other emails and have been checking my spam folder regularly.

Is it a problem that I booked a biometric appointment? If I do get the app option should I just cancel my appointment? Have I messed things up by booking already? Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the email about the app? I last had my biometrics done 2 1/2 years ago if that makes any difference. I can't find much info online but some people said they couldn't book an appointment until the decision email but I was able to. I am hoping I'll know before my appointment date which is in August.

email -

Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS). UKVCAS is the name of the service run by Sopra Steria on behalf of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and forms a key part of your visa or citizenship application process.

When you register and log into your UKVCAS account you will be able to:

Book an appointment for a UKVCAS Service Point so we can collect your biometric information and submit your supporting information to UKVI. See note below for some exceptions
Upload your supporting documents
Buy extra services to help make your appointment easier.
Note:

If we send an email to your UKVCAS registered email address called ‘Important information about your application to UKVI’:

You will not be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point immediately
You may be invited to use the UKVCAS IDV app
Wait until we contact you again to confirm if you should book an appointment or use the UKVCAS IDV app.
Once registered, check the UKVCAS website and your registered email address for updates to the UKVCAS service.

Use the following link to log into your account at any time: Return to your UKVCAS account.

Bonnie17
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Waiting for email about App

Post by Bonnie17 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:42 pm

And also if I am invited to do the app will I have to upload all my documents again if I've already uploaded them to the UKVACS website?

Bonnie17
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Waiting for email about App

Post by Bonnie17 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:38 pm

I still haven't had an email and I check my spam regularly. Does anyone have advice on how long it usually takes to receive the decision about using the app?