ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal marrying

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Illegal marrying

Post by Sailkot » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:04 pm

This query for my friend.
He is pakistaini national, living in UK illelgely since May 2010.
He is hoping to marry Belgium citizen,
What is the process??

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Illegal marrying

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:42 pm

Not an expert on this - perhaps this article on how the system actually work might be of interest: https://freemovement.org.uk/the-legal-r ... g-married/
Note that if they present themselves at a UK registry office to apply to marry it's highly likely that the application will be referred to the Home Office for review. If friend is undocumented he might then become subject of immigration enforcement. The nationality of intended spouse (whether British or Belgian) has no bearing on what may happen. Marriage generally doesn't wipe away breaches of immigration rules.
Others may comment in more detail.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:58 am

Does the Belgian citizen live in the UK or in Belgium or elsewhere?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:18 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:58 am
Does the Belgian citizen live in the UK or in Belgium or elsewhere?
She lives in beligium she doing some part time job as well.
Boy has no paper work in UK,

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:13 am

They may have extra guests at their wedding.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 am

There are hundreds of people on this board trying to get spouse visas legally, people who had to prove beyond a shadow of doubt their relationship was real and not just of convenience. The spouse visa must be applied for while the partner is in his/ her country or AN other acceptable one.

The HO (I sincerely hope) will rightly take the view that not only does this man not have any right to live in the UK, he now without question wants to get married so he can get a visa to stay. If there is a rule anywhere, or loophole in the law, that gives this man a right to marry someone, then it sends the wrong message to everyone and is a kick in the teeth for anyone doing things the right way.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:14 am

THO wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 am
There are hundreds of people on this board trying to get spouse visas legally, people who had to prove beyond a shadow of doubt their relationship was real and not just of convenience. The spouse visa must be applied for while the partner is in his/ her country or AN other acceptable one.

The HO (I sincerely hope) will rightly take the view that not only does this man not have any right to live in the UK, he now without question wants to get married so he can get a visa to stay. If there is a rule anywhere, or loophole in the law, that gives this man a right to marry someone, then it sends the wrong message to everyone and is a kick in the teeth for anyone doing things the right way.
Not sure this forum was created to judge anyone. I believe it was created primarily to advise/help people. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not fair to say unkind words to anyone regardless of their immigration status. You have no idea what the persons' story is!
Please don't judge anyone based on the circumstances that they were born into, and what family or country they were born into.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:41 am

THO wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 am

My friend, its the system, don't ever think uk belongs to you or your family, there is always a way, I am settled in UK, i follow the system, and where ever I can, I dodge the system

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:44 am

The post is completely correct. There are rules we all should have applied equally, and random people should not be given special treatment, it is unfair on others who are doing things right.

Illegal immigrants make it harder for people attempting to immigrate legally, how do you justify his actions to them?

Illegal, means breaking the laws of the country, so I am not judging him, I'm stating facts, he should not be here. He will also more than likely, be supporting himself with a job, on which he will be paying no tax or NI.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:52 am

Do you pay all your taxes, you don't worry about country tax system, yes he is making £2500, per month, paying no tax, he is earning cash, he got enough money, even he returns back to pakistain, my friend, people like you I know, are too much concerned with country, what about political leaders from all over world are in London, Russian mafia there, government give them visa very easy.....
This forum is great,..

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm

Yes, I pay all my taxes. Two wrongs do not make a right, and when people get caught, they should be punished appropriately.

I'm not sure how your illegal friend can travel in and out of the country to Pakistan without being caught?

And I am not sure why you think it is fine to earn money and not pay tax, there are a lot of people on this board who do not earn £2,500pm, and they (all of us, no matter income) have to pay more tax because of the tax avoidance of people like him. Not necessarily illegal immigrants, of course.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:12 pm

THO wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm
Yes, I pay all my taxes. Two wrongs do not make a right, and when people get caught, they should be punished appropriately.

I'm not sure how your illegal friend can travel in and out of the country to Pakistan without being caught?

And I am not sure why you think it is fine to earn money and not pay tax, there are a lot of people on this board who do not earn £2,500pm, and they (all of us, no matter income) have to pay more tax because of the tax avoidance of people like him. Not necessarily illegal immigrants, of course.
THO wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm

Last post from me to THO

If my friend want to leave, he will simply make a call to ukba, they will simply issue a travel document to him for pakisatin, he will go free of charge to pakistain, for your knowledge he has made more then enough 😉 😄 😊 😏 ☺️ money..
And you continue to pay your full tax..
Love you 😍
No more reply.
Forum is great

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm

@Ticktak. I hope my point was made by Sailkot, who admirably demonstrated why his friend should not be in the country?