ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa with dented immigration history: SAR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agentfourty7
Newly Registered

Spouse visa with dented immigration history: SAR

Post by agentfourty7 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm

Hi people,

Question: 1. Can SAR (subject to access request) to UKVI be made from abroad (India)?
2. Can it be made for your wife (in India) by you (in UK)?

Motive to question: When filling in the SAR form online, there has to be provided a UK living address for the applicant, therefore I figured this cannot be done by anyone who is not in the country?

Context
: I have ILR, recently married (2021). We will apply after for wife's spouse visa after Oct this year (22). However, wife has had refusals, overstay and VR in the past on visitor visa, as student dependant (not on me but dependant of her father) but no ban when opting for VR. Also lost her passport recently in the Netherlands, so on a new passport. All in all, I think to apply for her spouse visa we need SAR to fill gaps on previous immigration history, refusals etc.

Of course answer to the question would help but any additional advice from experience is also welcome.

Thank you.