ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Council tax rebate - will they reject my ILR? Urgent.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kcs123
Newly Registered

ILR - Council tax rebate - will they reject my ILR? Urgent.

Post by kcs123 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:02 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for ILR based on 5 years of Work Permit shortly at Croydon PEO. After going through this forum, I found that Council Tax rebate is also part of public funds. I did not know that Council Tax rebate was part of public funds untill now :(

In 2004, being a single person renting a property I availed the Council tax rebate (25% or 50% cannot remember exactly) available to single person staying in the property on the council tax for 6 months.

After 6 months I got married and brought my wife to UK and after that I have been paying the full council Tax.
Since last 3 years I have been paying the full Council tax.

My questions are..

1) Does Home Office check that the Candidate applying for ILR has he availed any Council Tax rebate or any other Public funds? If yes how do they do it? How old records do they maintain?

2) Since I have availed the Council tax rebate in 2004 for 6 months, can Home Office reject my ILR application based on those grounds?

3) Is there anyway I can pay back my Council (I am still staying in the same property/council) and explain them my situation and ask them to give me a letter confirming that I paid them back the Council Tax rebate I availed.
Will this solve my problem.

4) Lastly can I file my ILR application at Croydon PEO considering my scenario? Or do you suggest a postal application?

I hope some of the experts here can answer my questions.

I would be greatly indebted to your reply.

Regards,
KC

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 am

My understanding is that Council Tax rebate (discount) isn't termed as
Public Funds.

kcs123
Newly Registered

Post by kcs123 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:14 am

Casa wrote:My understanding is that Council Tax rebate (discount) isn't termed as
Public Funds.
If what is you said is true, I will be very happy :)

Thanks a lot Casa for you reply!

kcs123
Newly Registered

Post by kcs123 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 am

Casa wrote:My understanding is that Council Tax rebate (discount) isn't termed as
Public Funds.
If what is you said is true, I will be very happy :)

Thanks a lot Casa for you reply!

Markie

Re: ILR - Council tax rebate - will they reject my ILR? Urge

Post by Markie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:31 pm

to clear your mind look here and this one too.

council tax rebate and council tax benefit are 2 different things. the second link defines the meaning of council tax benefit.
kcs123 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for ILR based on 5 years of Work Permit shortly at Croydon PEO. After going through this forum, I found that Council Tax rebate is also part of public funds. I did not know that Council Tax rebate was part of public funds untill now :(

In 2004, being a single person renting a property I availed the Council tax rebate (25% or 50% cannot remember exactly) available to single person staying in the property on the council tax for 6 months.

After 6 months I got married and brought my wife to UK and after that I have been paying the full council Tax.
Since last 3 years I have been paying the full Council tax.

My questions are..

1) Does Home Office check that the Candidate applying for ILR has he availed any Council Tax rebate or any other Public funds? If yes how do they do it? How old records do they maintain?

2) Since I have availed the Council tax rebate in 2004 for 6 months, can Home Office reject my ILR application based on those grounds?

3) Is there anyway I can pay back my Council (I am still staying in the same property/council) and explain them my situation and ask them to give me a letter confirming that I paid them back the Council Tax rebate I availed.
Will this solve my problem.

4) Lastly can I file my ILR application at Croydon PEO considering my scenario? Or do you suggest a postal application?

I hope some of the experts here can answer my questions.

I would be greatly indebted to your reply.

Regards,
KC

rajathwp

Same Mistake

Post by rajathwp » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I did the same mistake but i have paid all the amount which i owed to Council ( 140 Pounds). I reckon you should do that if you have not done.

Can you please keep us posted regarding your ILR application Status ... Ta

rajathwp

Apology checked the Year now

Post by rajathwp » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Apology he asked this query in 2008 and reply doesn't have significance now ...