ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment timeline

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jute0h
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Curtailment timeline

Post by jute0h » Mon May 30, 2022 9:50 am

Hi All,

Hope you’re well and staying safe.

Hopefully no one is in such a situation but 1) any idea how long HO is taking these days to send out curtailment letters? Will it be normal for someone to not receive a letter since 2021?

2) They have their details up to date and have checked their status using the online right to work and right to rent service, it still shows the actual validity date that was originally given, does that mean curtailment has not been processed yet? Is this normal?

limali
United Kingdom

Re: Curtailment timeline

Post by limali » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:01 pm

I’m in a similar situation. Can u update here if you found something new?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:54 pm

Nobody can tell how long it will take to receive a curtailment letter. Sometimes people wait months and others receive the letter in two or three weeks after being laid off.

I've been myself in a similar situation and never received a curtailment letter in 5 1/2 months. After that time I was able to succesfully apply for another Tier-2 (Skilled Worker) visa with a new employer.

During this time you can stay in the country, still rent a place to live, contract services, etc. The only thing you need to avoid is travelling abroad.

Mhsefat
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mhsefat » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:24 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:54 pm

I've been myself in a similar situation and never received a curtailment letter in 5 1/2 months. After that time I was able to succesfully apply for another Tier-2 (Skilled Worker) visa with a new employer.
Hi, I'm in the same situation it's been 2 months but thinking to apply for the next one in September if I don't get a curtailment letter.

did you apply 5 and half months later from the date you left your previous employer?

what documents did you submit in HO when you applied to your new employer?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:40 pm

Mhsefat wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:24 pm
did you apply 5 and half months later from the date you left your previous employer?
Yes
Mhsefat wrote:
The procedure is exactly the same you did when applied for the first time: apply online, pay the fees, IHS, book/register biometrics, etc. Being in this situation doesn't make the procedure any different.

You don't need a curtailment letter to apply for a new visa. If you receive this letter after your application is approved, which I doubt, there is nothing to worry.

Provided you already secured a new job, it seems you're overthinking. I fully understand that the situation is worrying and stressful, but if another employer is ready to give you a CoS, worrying about a curtailment letter is unnecessary.

Mhsefat
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mhsefat » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:57 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:40 pm
Mhsefat wrote:
Yes
Mhsefat wrote:

Provided you already secured a new job, it seems you're overthinking. I fully understand that the situation is worrying and stressful, but if another employer is ready to give you a CoS, worrying about a curtailment letter is unnecessary.
Thanks. that's true I'm overthinking now.

my current vis expires on Feb 2023, I think the Home office will not give a decision based on my last 7 months of unemployment if I apply for COS with a new employer in January 2023.

and this 7 months gap will not be a reason to refuse my ILR also in the future. RIGHT?

Thanks again.