ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some clarification about child citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR1980
Pakistan

Need some clarification about child citizenship application

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:48 am

Hello everyone,

I am British national now. My kids were born outside UK when i had ILR and i applied for spouse and child dependent visa for them and they recently got ILR after 5 years on dependent visa. Now my wife and children are in process of applying for British citizenship but i need some clarification as read some contradictory views

1) I assume that i can add my children with my wife application for naturalisation even-though they will be registered as British citizen because they are under 10 year old. My confusion is that home office guidance say that children should apply separately so can you suggest whther they can apply with mother or must apply separately
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... r-children

2) my second confusion is regarding referee of child because read that one referee should be someone who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport, and either a professional person or over the age of 25 but when you fill online form for child dependent then they dont mention second referee as someone who has dealt with child in personal capacity but instead they say second referee should be anyone from list of acceptable profession ( i .e its very much same requirement which they need in case of adult applicantion for naturalisation ) so then same 2 referee would be enough for wife and children( one is manager of limited company nd one is staff nurse and both British)

thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Need some clarification about child citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:39 am

1) The wording is confusing, agreed - however, child can apply together with your wife, but it is still a separate application (MN1 registration) and will be assessed separetly from your wife's naturalisation application (AN).
2) Assuming Staff Nurse has engage professionally with the child that looks fine.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:56 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:39 am
1) The wording is confusing, agreed - however, child can apply together with your wife, but it is still a separate application (MN1 registration) and will be assessed separetly from your wife's naturalisation application (AN).
2) Assuming Staff Nurse has engage professionally with the child that looks fine.
Thanks mate for replying and no staff nurse is just a friend and she never engaged with child in any capacity but this is what they ask for second refereee
Your second referee
Give your second referee's details. This referee should be a person (of any nationality) who has professional standing. This can include a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:04 pm

The problem with teacher and health visitor is that they will not give you their personal address passport and phone number

home office guidelines in reference to 2nd child refree is is so vague