ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application, been 14 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

ILR Priority application received an update

Post by Dhc1 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:18 am

Hi all,

I made an application for ILR Set (o) on 20th May with Priority service. I was set to receive the decision within a week as it says for the priority service timeline. Today morning (23rd May) I have received this email from home office.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

What will happen now?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Priority application received an update

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 23, 2022 12:58 pm

Dhc1 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:18 am
Hi all,

I made an application for ILR Set (o) on 20th May with Priority service. I was set to receive the decision within a week as it says for the priority service timeline. Today morning (23rd May) I have received this email from home office.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

What will happen now? Simple, now you have to wait. You might not get your response in a week anymore. In a nutshell, it would come when it comes. You're still in front of the queue, not just going to happen soon.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:27 pm

Is there any particular reason or it's my application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 23, 2022 3:33 pm

Priority service is not a guaranteed service. A complex application often cannot be decided in a short timeframe so UKVI will need more time. This is normal. Wait to hear back :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Post by domink27 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:54 pm

Well, at least you got a reply.

I applied more than a month ago now, super priority, no response, complete radio silence. Not clear that there is a queue or even that super priority/priority goes to top of the queue. No way to contact anyone or escalate.

You just have to wait, its a complete mockery of process

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm

so in a situation like this, since the super priority amount of £800 has been paid, would home office then give a refund ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 23, 2022 6:34 pm

zubbshah wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm
so in a situation like this, since the super priority amount of £800 has been paid, would home office then give a refund ?
If they informed you within the priority timeframe that they cannot make a priority decision then you get no refund. If they did not inform you, then you will get a refund
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:41 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:33 pm
Priority service is not a guaranteed service. A complex application often cannot be decided in a short timeframe so UKVI will need more time. This is normal. Wait to hear back :!:
How long should I wait for? Is there a time frame or its going to take as long as it might

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 23, 2022 6:55 pm

ILR can take up to 6 months in the standard timeframe. However, you should expect a response within 8 weeks if your case is not very complex

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:18 am

It's been 4 weeks and I haven't received anything. Should I contact Local MP, is it worth it to do? or Should I wait 4 more weeks before anything?

Thank you so much.

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:58 pm

I asked for the update and this is what I received.

Dear Mr
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
We aim to complete all visa applications within 5 working days. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the priority service fee will be refunded. The appropriate team has been notified regarding your request.

Delays everywhere with no clarity.

Blazebaz25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blazebaz25 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Dhc1 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:58 pm
I asked for the update and this is what I received.

Dear Mr
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
We aim to complete all visa applications within 5 working days. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the priority service fee will be refunded. The appropriate team has been notified regarding your request.

Delays everywhere with no clarity.
Hi Dhc1,
Im in the same situation as you, but I'm unable to contact UKVI through any means, is there a way to contact the service center ,I reached out to the number
from the gov website, but after reaching to an agent ,he did not even ask for my application number ,I was told just to send my query via post to the UKVI address in liverpool.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Can you please let me know how to contact them to get application status.

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:34 am

Hi,

I tried to contact the agent and ask them few questions about traveling outside the UK with a valid UK visa brp and when I asked them this question, I also told them my application is delay and she told me give me your details I will escalate them. Try to tell them to escalate, see if it works. To be honest, no one will be able to help except the case officer who is actually working on the case. I tried contacting local MP too and its not helping. Feel free to give them a call again and see if they take your details.

Thank you,
Mohit.

Blazebaz25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blazebaz25 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:10 am

Thank you for your help on this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:59 am

Dhc1 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:34 am
I tried to contact the agent and ask them few questions about traveling outside the UK with a valid UK visa brp
Avoid travelling.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:26 pm

I still haven't received any response on my application. Its been in Priority Service and had been more than 12 weeks. Any help is appreciated.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:59 pm

Dhc1 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:26 pm
I still haven't received any response on my application. Its been in Priority Service and had been more than 12 weeks. Any help is appreciated.
Not sure anyone here can help you. As you been previously advised multiple times, you have to wait. You've tried priority and it didn't work. Now you're probably on the 6 months track and it could be longer.

The earlier you start relaxing the better. Worrying wouldn't change anything one bit.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

ILR awaiting 6 months

Post by Dhc1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:51 am

Hi everyone,

Is anyone in the same boat as me? I have been waiting for my ILR for about 6 months and I haven't received any decision yet.

Date of application : 13th May 2022
Date of Biometrics : 20th May 2022
Date of first reply : 23rd May 2022

Date of second reply from MP : 23rd September 2022

As part of the application process, we routinely conduct enquiries with other
government departments and external agencies. The nature and extent of those
enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the
particular circumstance of each application. The progress of outstanding enquiries
is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our
behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a
decision.
We appreciate the delays are frustrating for **, UKVI policy and
procedures must remain intact. Whilst I am unable to provide a timescale, please
assure ** that he will be contacted once a decision has been reached.

Today's date : 18th November, 2022. More than 6 months from date of application, and 2 days less from date of biometrics.

Escalated numerous times. My application is pretty straightforward and I know this is decided by the case worker. Most of my friends got it in their priority time frame. I know its all luck based or case worker based or anything.
I tried contacting a lawyer and he advised me to wait as no lawyer can really help into this, Lawyers will just take your money and give you false hope.

Any one with any more suggestions? Would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

shazzi123
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR awaiting 6 months

Post by shazzi123 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:51 am

Hi

I applied on 11th March 2022. It’s been over 8 months now. Asked M.P. to escalate 3 times. They say they have but I still haven’t received a decision. It’s absolutely ridiculous!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:35 pm

You cannot expedite an application. There is not much you can do. Please wait to hear back

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:25 pm

shazzi123 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:51 am
Hi

I applied on 11th March 2022. It’s been over 8 months now. Asked M.P. to escalate 3 times. They say they have but I still haven’t received a decision. It’s absolutely ridiculous!
Do you know if your application was straightforward and did you receive any reply from Home Office?

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:35 pm
You cannot expedite an application. There is not much you can do. Please wait to hear back
Thanks. I'm aware of that. It's super frustrating when it gets delayed and there is not response from anyone.

shazzi123
Newly Registered
India

Post by shazzi123 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:10 pm

Dhc1 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:25 pm
shazzi123 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:51 am
Hi

Do you know if your application was straightforward and did you receive any reply from Home Office?
I would say it’s straightforward. I applied through a solicitor and had everything in order. I met all the requirements. Have not heard anything from the Home Office. My solicitor tried to follow up with HO and they replied saying there are delays due to the Ukraine crisis.

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:12 pm

I got three friends who applied using Super Priority service and they received the replies quickly. I applied in the Priority but it's delayed. Did you use any service?

shazzi123
Newly Registered
India

Post by shazzi123 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:19 pm

No I applied through standard service. Tier 1 doesn’t have any priority services unfortunately.