ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 or Register child as British Citizen (MN1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mushyhuz

Tier 2 or Register child as British Citizen (MN1)

Post by mushyhuz » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:00 am

I was hoping for some advice. Not sure if anyone else has been in a similar predicament.
I've just achieved ILR status (along with my spouse) and I havent applied for an ILR for my child as she was born here. Her Visa is expiring by the end of August.

What I wanted to know is, is it better to apply for a Tier 2/Health and care dependent visa or would it be better to apply for naturalisation straight away? (The plan is for her to get the british passport at some point anyway) I know it can take 6 months for naturalisation acceptance to come through so what happens if it crosses the time of her current visa expiration?

Another query was can I apply for a Tier 2 visa and apply for naturalisation for her simultaneously as I wish to travel in september and I cannot gamble on her not having gotten a british passport by then.

thanks

vinny

Re: Tier 2 or Register child as British Citizen (MN1)

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:31 am

Your choice.

Applying for both is also possible. But once child is British, then child cannot be subject to grants of leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:32 pm

Thanks vinny.

My worry was applying for both at the same time would mean which ever application was made first may be automatically withdrawn, much like how it states when you apply for tier 2 visas .i.e they ask at the begining do you have any prending applications with the home office and if you do it would be withdrawn automatically.

So I'm right in assuming that naturalisation doesnt come under this process?

thanks once again

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:38 pm

Naturalisation or registration as a British citizen is not an immigration application.

Immigration applications lead up to and end at ILR. You can't have more than one immigration application open at any point in time, but you can have an immigration application (such as PBS dependent) and a naturalisation/registration application open simultaneously.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 pm

Thank you so much guys!. Will be applying for a tier 2 dependent visa for my little one and will register her as a british citizen simultaneously.