ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC one at a time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oyidoma1
Newly Registered
England

Applying for BC one at a time

Post by Oyidoma1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:14 am

We are due for naturalisation, however, due to the exorbitant fee, the plan is to apply one at a time for myself and the children. My youngest child was born after the qualification period and so has now passport. I am checking with the team here if this is okay or to wait to have the money for the rest of us and then apply at once. Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for BC one at a time

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:03 am

No issue at all - you are free to apply individually anytime after your elegibility, months, years after, or never.
There's no "due" date by which to apply after eligibility.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:56 am

Also, there is no legal requirement to apply for citizenship. If one prefers to just stay with ILR one has the right to do it. So if in one family someone wants to acquire citizenship and someone else doesn't, they are both in their right to do as they choose. Therefore, there's no basis to trigger any issue or flag just because some members of the same family apply at different times (or don't apply at all).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Oyidoma1
Newly Registered
England

Post by Oyidoma1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:04 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:03 am
No issue at all - you are free to apply individually anytime after your elegibility, months, years after, or never.
There's no "due" date by which to apply after eligibility.
Thank you Alterhase 58 for your feedback. Very much appreciated.

Oyidoma1
Newly Registered
England

Post by Oyidoma1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:56 am
Also, there is no legal requirement to apply for citizenship. If one prefers to just stay with ILR one has the right to do it. So if in one family someone wants to acquire citizenship and someone else doesn't, they are both in their right to do as they choose. Therefore, there's no basis to trigger any issue or flag just because some members of the same family apply at different times (or don't apply at all).
Hi Kamoe,
Thank you for your thorough response and clarifying this for me. Much appreciated.