ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moneypenny

Maintenance Funds in UK

Post by moneypenny » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:26 am

I am having a bit of trouble with HSBC regarding this. I am an American living in the UK and have maintained funds of over £800 accordingly. I understand that you must have proof of this dated within 7 days of your application outside of the UK. Is it the same within the UK or is it a month? I spoke to an advisor here and she said 7 days, however I believe that the guidance notes state a month within the UK. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone in the UK applied and been approved with Maintenance proof dated more then 7 days prior to application?

If the 7 day rule does apply in the UK then I will have serious problems with HSBC. They are unwilling to write a letter in the branch. I have to ring someone and have it posted, which considering I am applying just after Christmas, could mean I cannot get it within 7 days because of bank holidays. They are also unwilling to sign and stamp statements printed at the branch for me! I have to ring someone and have statements sent to me and I have been told that having ISA statements posted to me will likely take more then 7 days. Has anyone who applied within the UK dealt with HSBC and managed to get everything in a timely manner?

Thank you for all your help!

Michelle

sien
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance Funds in UK

Post by sien » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 pm

moneypenny wrote:I am having a bit of trouble with HSBC regarding this. I am an American living in the UK and have maintained funds of over £800 accordingly. I understand that you must have proof of this dated within 7 days of your application outside of the UK. Is it the same within the UK or is it a month? I spoke to an advisor here and she said 7 days, however I believe that the guidance notes state a month within the UK. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone in the UK applied and been approved with Maintenance proof dated more then 7 days prior to application?

If the 7 day rule does apply in the UK then I will have serious problems with HSBC. They are unwilling to write a letter in the branch. I have to ring someone and have it posted, which considering I am applying just after Christmas, could mean I cannot get it within 7 days because of bank holidays. They are also unwilling to sign and stamp statements printed at the branch for me! I have to ring someone and have statements sent to me and I have been told that having ISA statements posted to me will likely take more then 7 days. Has anyone who applied within the UK dealt with HSBC and managed to get everything in a timely manner?

Thank you for all your help!

Michelle
From the UK Border Agency website, its clearly stated as follow:

"For applications submitted outside of the United Kingdom, all evidence must be dated no more than seven days before the application is submitted.

For applications submitted in the United Kingdom, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted."

Please visit the website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:27 pm

How we assess maintenance (funds) wrote:For applications submitted in the United Kingdom, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.
What the documents must show wrote:For applications submitted in the United Kingdom, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

swati46

Post by swati46 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:37 pm

I had filed my Tier 1 from UK and my bank statements were within 1 month of the date of the application