ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for a refugee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hooman
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for a refugee

Post by Hooman » Fri May 20, 2022 11:55 pm

Hello guys ,

I need some advice with my naturalization application please ,
I entered UK in February 2007 and I presented myself to the HomeOffice with the false identity at the time I have had third country asylum case in Holland in beginning of April 2007 HomeOffice did removed me back to Holland then 3 weeks later I did returned to the UK illegally again I was served with IS96 and I was told I must report once a week to the HomeOffice Croydon I went there for couple of months then again HomeOffice wanted to arrest me like first time Police was called to take me to the back of the building and send me back to Holland I did noticed and ran to the exit door and ran off from them then I wen hiding next day they went to my house at 4 o'clock in the morning to arrest me I wasn't there then they left , in 2011 they sent me an interview letter asking me to attend to Lunar house for an interview I went there that was another trap by them they tried to arrest me again I push the officer and ran off the street again , then I asked my M.P to write to them HomeOffice replied to the M.P we tried to send him back to Holland but he fled twice from the reporting center, anyways in 2013 I got to the point I thought I can't play hide and seek with HomeOffice anymore I called them up and I was told I need to go back and report to them again once a week which I did I started to report to them from 15.11.2013 every week and in august 2014 I handed them further submission in June 2016 they scheduled an interview for me I did attended and in July 2016 I was granted 5 years refugee leave to remain and 5 years after that I applied for indefinite leave to remain which was granted last year in September , in September this year it will be a year completed after my ILR was granted, I am intending to send my application off to the Homeoffice but I'm not sure is it going to be problematic with good character requirements hence I did provided them with false details and I have had third country cases in Holland and I fled from them twice I know they go back 10 years for good character check but I am still in doubt shall I go ahead and submit the application to them in September or wait a little bit longer

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship for a refugee

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 21, 2022 3:48 am

Wait till July 2026, the tenth anniversary of the grant of refugee status to you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hooman
United Kingdom

Post by Hooman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:37 pm

Thanks for your reply , I will go ahead and apply in the worst case scenario they will take the money away and they will tell me to reapply on the certain date or if I'm lucky I will get away with it 😃 if not I have already waited for nearly 2 decades I will wait another 4 years 😃

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:32 am

Update on your outcome.