ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old payslips and HMRC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Citizenship and CSI before obtaining EUSS

Post by ePlus » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:35 pm

Hello,

I am an EU citizen and I am in the process of preparing my application for naturalisation (AN). I have been in the UK continuously during the past 5 years, and I will have had EUSS Settled Status for a year by the end of this month when I am planning to apply for citizenship. However, at a point I was unemployed for more than a year between 2020 and 2021 BEFORE obtaining Settled Status. It has come to my attention that I would need CSI to prove my legal residence here but I did not have one during that time period. I have also searched through the forum where I found this topic:

british-citizenship/an-guidance-updated ... s#p2077594

more specifically,
If you are an EEA national, supplying evidence of your settled status under the EU
Settlement Scheme (EUSS) will also normally meet this requirement. That also means
you will not need to send evidence of what you were doing in the UK prior to being
granted settled status.
It is fairly new rule and I do see that it applies to people with EUSS, such as myself. I still wonder, since I did not have EUSS at the time of my unemployment, will that affect my application in any way? Can you please confirm that this exact quote refers to cases similar to mine? Thank you.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: Citizenship and CSI before obtaining EUSS

Post by ePlus » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:00 pm

I also have another question regarding my Settled Status. I obtained it in late July 2021. I am in the UK since 2014. Do I still need to wait until the end of this month to apply for citizenship (when I will have a one complete year with Settled Status), or I need to wait until that date? It sounds petty and it probably is, and most probably I will indeed wait until then, but just wanted to know if there would be a problem if I submitted my application now.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:25 pm

UK wrongly insisted on Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for years, EU court finds.

Wait until completed at least a year on settled status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:38 pm

Thanks. EU court has no power over the UK Home Office, is this not true? I mean, since the UK is no longer a EU member, what a random court elsewhere on the planet thinks has no relevance... Does this have real implications when it comes to the actual process?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:55 pm

ePlus wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:38 pm
Thanks. EU court has no power over the UK Home Office, is this not true? I mean, since the UK is no longer a EU member, what a random court elsewhere on the planet thinks has no relevance... Does this have real implications when it comes to the actual process?
Wir reference to CSI requirements please refer to the guidance which I have quote here:
british-citizenship/an-guidance-updated ... l#p2077594
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:56 pm

ePlus wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:00 pm
I also have another question regarding my Settled Status. I obtained it in late July 2021. I am in the UK since 2014. Do I still need to wait until the end of this month to apply for citizenship (when I will have a one complete year with Settled Status), or I need to wait until that date? It sounds petty and it probably is, and most probably I will indeed wait until then, but just wanted to know if there would be a problem if I submitted my application now.
This has been a requirement for years - note it's not specific to EUSS holders but to all ILR holders (unless married to a British citizen).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:01 pm

ePlus wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:35 pm

It is fairly new rule and I do see that it applies to people with EUSS, such as myself. I still wonder, since I did not have EUSS at the time of my unemployment, will that affect my application in any way? Can you please confirm that this exact quote refers to cases similar to mine? Thank you.
Please refer to the government guidance I have posted last - as I read it it won't affect you - and in any case you were exercising treaty rights even as a job seeker (up to six months).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _06.07.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:25 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:55 pm
ePlus wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:38 pm
Wir reference to CSI requirements please refer to the guidance which I have quote here:
british-citizenship/an-guidance-updated ... l#p2077594
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Accidentally submitted some documents on UKVCAS portal (sopra steria)

Post by ePlus » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:44 pm

So I paid for submitting my naturalisation AN application and gov.uk redirected me to book a biometric appointment. There, it was written that ukvcas will first need to check if I can use the app but in the meantime I started uploading my documents. At some point I left the PC, so when I came back I had to log in. After that point, instead of clicking the small button "upload documents", I went for the big green "submit documents" thinking this would allow me to upload more documents as I intended. Indeed it still allows me but no longer I have the option to actually submit after uploading those documents.

Did I do something wrong? The initial documents that were submitted are definitely not enough and I needed to submit more but now that the button is gone, I am afraid this would at the very least slow down my application process. Also, considering my EU country of origin passport has biometric chip in it (and was issued 4 months ago), I would suppose I would not need to visit a ukvcas centre; is there a chance that only uploading part of the documents might impact this and would result in me having to visit said centre? Thank you very much in advance.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: Accidentally submitted some documents on UKVCAS portal (sopra steria)

Post by ePlus » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:53 pm

This is what is showing right now when I look through my uploaded documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 pm

The submit button is only available once. Anything else you upload will be submitted by UKCVAS at your Biometrics appointment
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 pm
The submit button is only available once. Anything else you upload will be submitted at your UKCVAS appointment
So that means there is definitely no chance I can skip travelling to the UKVCAS centre, and submitting my biometrics information over the app is not considered an appointment? I need to know if I am needed physically there as I need to take my day off 3 weeks in advance but I am also travelling abroad next month so need to plan it properly.

I understand it is UKVCAS who need to confirm if I need to attend the centre, my question is rather if not submitting enough documents, they are definitely going to ask me to come.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:12 pm

Sorry for extra post, cannot edit my old one:

I did manage to submit my passport photo as that was under the required documents and it was the first one i uploaded, but I did not upload enough payslips/ct bills to confirm 5-year residence before submitting.

Bells
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bells » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:52 am

ePlus wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:44 pm
So I paid for submitting my naturalisation AN application and gov.uk redirected me to book a biometric appointment. There, it was written that ukvcas will first need to check if I can use the app but in the meantime I started uploading my documents. At some point I left the PC, so when I came back I had to log in. After that point, instead of clicking the small button "upload documents", I went for the big green "submit documents" thinking this would allow me to upload more documents as I intended. Indeed it still allows me but no longer I have the option to actually submit after uploading those documents.

Did I do something wrong? The initial documents that were submitted are definitely not enough and I needed to submit more but now that the button is gone, I am afraid this would at the very least slow down my application process. Also, considering my EU country of origin passport has biometric chip in it (and was issued 4 months ago), I would suppose I would not need to visit a ukvcas centre; is there a chance that only uploading part of the documents might impact this and would result in me having to visit said centre? Thank you very much in advance.
As EU citizen, it's likely you will have to book a biometric appointment rather than using the app since you wouldn't have been required to have any done in the UK before. No biometric needed for EU Settlement Scheme & I don't think having your biometric taken in your country counts towards your UK naturalisation application. The UK will need to have your biometric information also

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:31 pm

Bells wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:52 am
ePlus wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:44 pm

As EU citizen, it's likely you will have to book a biometric appointment rather than using the app since you wouldn't have been required to have any done in the UK before. No biometric needed for EU Settlement Scheme & I don't think having your biometric taken in your country counts towards your UK naturalisation application. The UK will need to have your biometric information also
Thank you very much for the answer. I will take some days off then just to be safe.

I also left some feedback on Sopra Steria portal as I think it is a bit misleading that they put the big green submit documents button on the home page without giving you the chance to review what you have uploaded so far unless you select the much less noticeable 'document upload' tab at the top. Thought there should at least be some form of confirmation before actual submit but oh well at least the rest of the website works fine. Hope they improve that though as at some point yesterday I was so nervous...

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Old payslips and HMRC

Post by ePlus » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:05 pm

Hello, I am still waiting for confirmation that I need to attend a biometrics appointment and as such I am trying to get all my documents ready. However, getting a hold of my previous employer has proved fruitless and as such, I am having trouble obtaining my old payslips for 2017-2019. Do I need to provide those or the case worker will be able to see them considering tax and NI have been paid directly by my employer? Do I still need to show those payslips as a proof of residence and if I cannot get them, will HMRC have a record of them? Thank you.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Old payslips and HMRC

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:09 pm

ePlus wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:05 pm
Hello, I am still waiting for confirmation that I need to attend a biometrics appointment and as such I am trying to get all my documents ready. However, getting a hold of my previous employer has proved fruitless and as such, I am having trouble obtaining my old payslips for 2017-2019. Do I need to provide those or the case worker will be able to see them considering tax and NI have been paid directly by my employer? Do I still need to show those payslips as a proof of residence and if I cannot get them, will HMRC have a record of them? Thank you.
What do you need all that for. P60's to cover those years would suffice.

I hope you've already uploaded that (P60) with your other documents and not waiting for during or after biometrics to do that?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:15 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:09 pm
ePlus wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:05 pm
What do you need all that for. P60's to cover those years would suffice.

I hope you've already uploaded that (P60) with your other documents and not waiting for during or after biometrics to do that?
I haven't as I do not really have my P60 for those years. Not sure who I need to request it from. Also, between 2020 and 2021 I have a period of unemployment, will a CT bill suffice? Also, I have only submitted passport and most recent year P60 on UKVCAS website and I cannot currently submit more until the appointment anyway.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:45 am

Hello,

I have just received an email from my previous employer saying they do not keep a record of my payslips while I was employed and that I should have downloaded them from the company's portal while I was still working there. I am now unsure how I can prove my residence. Wouldn't HO normally have that information anyway, considering I have contributed to my taxes through PAYE?

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

UKVCAS no standard appointment option?

Post by ePlus » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:16 pm

I have received an email saying I will need to book a UKVCAS appointment. When browsing through the portal, it has left me very confused as to what dates are available. Generally, nothing shows as available and where it does, it just makes no sense:

Why is the free standard option not free, and why is it even more expensive than the express one? Is there something I am missing? Is there no free option at all? I have checked all stations. Nothing really shows availability, and where it does, it is not free, even though it is under the standard option which should be free as per the portal description.

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:00 pm

Please disregard my last question, it has come to my understanding that free appointments are only available in the morning.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:06 pm

ePlus wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:45 am
Hello,

I have just received an email from my previous employer saying they do not keep a record of my payslips while I was employed and that I should have downloaded them from the company's portal while I was still working there. I am now unsure how I can prove my residence. Wouldn't HO normally have that information anyway, considering I have contributed to my taxes through PAYE?
Do you have council tax bills with your name on them? That's another popular document.
The point of P60s or payslips is not to prove taxes, but residency. HMRC documents such as tax code notifications or tax return correspondence may also be possible. It's always the applicant who has to prove residency, unfortunately. UKVI have their own way of accessing information but they won't provide the proof..

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:25 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:06 pm
ePlus wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:45 am
Hello,

Do you have council tax bills with your name on them? That's another popular document.
The point of P60s or payslips is not to prove taxes, but residency. HMRC documents such as tax code notifications or tax return correspondence may also be possible. It's always the applicant who has to prove residency, unfortunately. UKVI have their own way of accessing information but they won't provide the proof..
I only have the annual bills for my CT and only for the past 3 years. Anything before that, I did not keep. Not sure if the annual bill will suffice. As for the payslips, P60s, I need them specifically to prove residency and I have requested HMRC to send me a record of my tax payments throughout the last 5 years hoping that if I can prove that I have paid taxes, this implies that I must have been physically here. I just hope that would be enough of a proof in combination with my annual council tax bills and I can also upload bank statements (which I understand are not considered a proof of their own, but in combination with the rest of the documents, I am confident it constitutes a valid proof).

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:30 am

I had a similar problem for my ILR application as my first sponsor refused to provide a letter. I called HMRC and requested for employment proof for the last 5 years. I got a letter from HMRC that lists all employments, start date, end date and the income details which I think you can use it as proof of employment.
Shah

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:36 am

Also, can you tell me what period of time does a payslip cover? I have a payslip from exactly 5 years ago, but then the next ones come 3-4 months after it. Would that gap be a problem?