ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel for 4 months after applying for Naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koonjparekh

Can I travel for 4 months after applying for Naturalisation?

Post by koonjparekh » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:17 am

Hello,

I would like to ask few questions.

1. Can I travel for 4 months after applying for Naturalisation?
2. How long is the whole process at the moment considering Covid?
3. In the last 12 months, I have been out of country for 3 months and 18 days. This is obviously more than the 90 day period which is allowed. However, I have tested Covid positive 2 days before I was supposed to catch my flight. Hence I had to stay back and extend my trip for another 20 days. Is there any consideration for this? If so, what documents do I need to submit to prove the same.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Koonj

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: Can I travel for 4 months after applying for Naturalisation?

Post by ePlus » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:26 pm

From what I have read in this forum, after you submit your application there are no restrictions if you wish to travel. Bear in mind, I am not an expert and I am applying for citizenship myself so let's just wait someone else reiterate this but I am fairly confident that you can use your ILR while waiting for a decision.