ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sole Representative Visa Absence from UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Sole Representative visa Extension maintenance funds requirement.

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:33 pm

Iam applying for sole representative visa extension. First visa was granted for 3 years. Now when applying for extension, am i supposed to show maintenance funds again?

Thanks

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Sole Representative Visa Absence from UK

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:52 am

Hi,

I need to know how long I can be absent from UK under this visa category.
I am currently in UK and my company requirements for me are to be present at the head office for 4 to 5 months in a year which is outside of the UK.

So basically i will be outside UK for 4/5 months every year. Will this be a problem at the time of Extending my Visa and also at the time of ILR.

I have tried to google and gather information and i can to know that 6 months in a year on this Visa type is allowed, Can someone please confirm if thats true and also at the time of ILR will it be a problem?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Sole Representative visa Extension maintenance funds requirement.

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:13 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:33 pm
Iam applying for sole representative visa extension. First visa was granted for 3 years. Now when applying for extension, am i supposed to show maintenance funds again?

Thanks
Financial requirement for a Representative of an Overseas Business
ROB 7.1. The decision maker must be satisfied that the applicant can, and will, adequately maintain and accommodate themselves, and any dependants in the UK, without access to public funds.

ROB 7.2. Funds must be shown as specified in Appendix Finance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Sole Representative Visa Absence from UK

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:19 am

Qualifying period requirement for settlement by a Representative of an Overseas Business
ROB 14.1. The applicant must have spent the last 5 years before the date of application in the UK with permission as a Representative of an Overseas Business.
Continuous residence requirement for settlement by a Representative of an Overseas Business
ROB 15.1. The applicant must meet the continuous resident requirement in Appendix Continuous Residence during the period in ROB 14.1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:29 am

Thanks a lot Vinny for your kind response. I highly appreciate your help. The links you have provided are really helpful. Can I ask some questions, if you can please kindly answer them.

1. Absence from UK: Being on Sole Rep Visa, Can I be absent for 100/120 days each year? I am Just trying to double confirm this to make sure its not total 180 total days in 5 years absence allowed.

2. Extension requirements says Invoices, Accounts OR Letters from clients to prove business development/Progress. I was not able to mature deals with most of the clients due to Businesses falling behind their financial targets. I am still in talks with 3 companies and only 1 company is already on board, their project build has already started just 3 months ago. Do you think this can be a problem during extension?

3. Do you know how long is it taking for in-Country Extension applications to process?

4. Is it a good idea to apply for my extension first and then apply for my family? or apply for all of us together in 1 go.

Many thanks for your kind help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:39 am

1. I think per rolling twelve months periods. Answer in above link.
2. See also Representative of an overseas business: caseworker guidance
3. See also waiting times.
4. Up to you. But they should also apply before expiry of leave.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:04 am

Dear vinny,

Hope you are good. Can you please kindly let me know about this point during Sole Representative Extension application which says "evidence that the UK business is wholly owned by the overseas business".

The company is whole owned by the overseas headoffice owner. The shares are 100% on his name but which document do i need to submit in order to proove that?

Screen shot of shares ownership from companies house page?

Truly appreciate your kind advice.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:15 am

Hi,

Hope you are good. The link you have provided for Maintenance funds tells that maintenance funds are required for Sole Representative visa applicationn but do not precisely says it is required at the time of extension or not. Can you please kindly help me find the answer to this. I am applying for me and my family
(Wife+3 Daughters), Do we have to show maintenance funds again? We all were granted 3 years visa and I am being paid monthly salary into my account from my company.