ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application pending from 16 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sallu123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

citizenship application pending from 16 months

Post by sallu123 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:25 am

Hello Guys,

Date of Application October 2020.
my citizenship application is still pending with homeoffice from the last 16 months.
My MP did enquire about my application status but received the generic reply that the external checks are still pending from third parties and we cannot make the decision at the moment. This enquiry was made almost 8 months ago.
i asked my MP to check further with the home office as i am still waiting on my decision but he is saying that he cannot make any further enquiry as the homeoffice stated that they were waiting on external checks and will make a decision when that get them

can anyone please suggest, what can i do in this case

regards

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: citizenship application pending from 16 months

Post by mesn » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:07 pm

sallu123 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:25 am
Hello Guys,

Date of Application October 2020.
my citizenship application is still pending with homeoffice from the last 16 months.
My MP did enquire about my application status but received the generic reply that the external checks are still pending from third parties and we cannot make the decision at the moment. This enquiry was made almost 8 months ago.
i asked my MP to check further with the home office as i am still waiting on my decision but he is saying that he cannot make any further enquiry as the homeoffice stated that they were waiting on external checks and will make a decision when that get them

can anyone please suggest, what can i do in this case

regards
You could write to the Home Secretary. Someone in this forum was trying that route.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

sallu123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sallu123 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:41 am

Hello dear
Thanks for your reply

Do you know any means e.g email ID on how to contact Home Secretary

Thanks

orange100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by orange100 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 pm

sallu123 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:41 am
Hello dear
Thanks for your reply

Thanks
Hey, I was wondering if you have managed to get this resolved? I have been waiting for 16 months, but in my case even the MP is not receiving any replies. I have logged a complaint recently in hopes that they will reply.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:38 pm

orange100 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 pm
sallu123 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:41 am
Hello dear
Thanks for your reply

Thanks
Hey, I was wondering if you have managed to get this resolved? I have been waiting for 16 months, but in my case even the MP is not receiving any replies. I have logged a complaint recently in hopes that they will reply.
Hi, I have tried everything lodged complaint reached out via MP and solicitor but they are not responding at all as its been 20 months now.

orange100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by orange100 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 am

I'm sorry to hear that and also it's not giving me any hope that my application will ever receive a response. Has your solicitor not succeeded at receiving any kind of response?

My complaint has passed a month and the MP I'm in touch with has raised it with the Immigration Director General, this has also passed a month without any response.

I've tried calling them but that got me nowhere, I can't find any similar cases being raised by newspapers. I think this issue needs some publicity, I would be keen to see if there's anyone else who's in the same situation as the both of us.

I am definitely going to try and get this broadcast because this is not acceptable but also it appears that we have no other options other than raising a complaint to a complaint that was never answered, but it feels like that won't make any difference.

alphabravo23
Newly Registered
India

Post by alphabravo23 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:28 pm

for my application it has been 35 months now

Davido9177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davido9177 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:28 pm

How is this not a crime against humanity?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:43 am

Davido9177 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:28 pm
How is this not a crime against humanity?
I wouldn't go that far. It's a shame don't get me wrong, and very painful. But citizenship is a privilege not a right.
ILR allows you to do everything you actually need to do, so one isn't exactly left in limbo.

You'd want to satisfy or clarify every doubt you have before you give someone the keys to your house.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Davido9177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davido9177 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:10 pm

I get all that but 35months is still a stretch. People actually die waiting for these applications and some as a result of mental health issues caused by the indefinite nature of some of these applications.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:23 pm

It's been 22 months and I haven't heard back anything from HO regarding my application.

I think these issues should go to public and addressed properly otherwise they wouldn't pay any attention to this and let us wait till we are alive. Its totally unacceptable. Can anyone suggest a better option I sent Pre Action Protocal to HO via my solicitor they didn't even bother to reply on that letter.