ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Naturalisation Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Demma
Newly Registered
Italy

Documents for Naturalisation Citizenship

Post by Demma » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:14 pm

Hello all,
I'm applying for UK Citizenship following naturalization and i have been requested for following document to bring to appointment:

Passport from home country - OK
Certificate of B1 CEFR - OK
Proof of Living in the UK for 3 years - What kind of document is required? P60, Council Tax bills... any example?
Marriage Certificate - I have it in original language. Does it need official translation or can i submit original?
Referee declarations - OK
Proof of wife citizenship (passport) - OK

Thank you for your help in advance.

askhans786
United Kingdom

Re: Documents for Naturalisation Citizenship

Post by askhans786 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:15 pm

If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 3 years. If you are not married, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 5 years.

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.

Your marriage or civil partnership certificate
You can send a photocopy of your spouse or partner’s passport - you must photocopy every page of the passport