ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukraine Family scheme BRP - place of birth

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Ukraine Family scheme BRP - place of birth

Post by mi_kon » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:40 pm

My relative came to the UK on the Ukraine family scheme and just got her BRP card. I only now noticed that the place of birth on her BRP is Ukraine, but the place of birth in her passport is Russia. Both are confusing as she was born when it was still the USSR, but it's modern-time Russian territory, so probably that's why it says Russia in her passport. To be honest, I don't remember what she put in her visa application as the place of birth, as you might imagine it was a very stressful time. Does she now need to report an error with her BRP to update the place of birth to match what it says in her Ukrainian passport?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Ukraine Family scheme BRP - place of birth

Post by manci » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:16 pm

mi_kon wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:40 pm
she now need to report an error with her BRP to update the place of birth to match what it says in her Ukrainian passport?
yes, see
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice