ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Form IS.81 at Heathrow

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Home Office Form IS.81 at Heathrow

Post by helpplease! » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I have indefinite leave to remain as a spouse to a British Citizen. We recently came back to the UK after a holiday abroad. We landed at Heathrow. Upon showing my ILR Card to the Border Force, he said there was a red flag, something about financials, and gave me form IS.81, which informs me that the Border Force intends to make further enquiries before being allowed to pass.

After waiting for a long time, the Border Force office came back and said we were free to go. We asked what the issue was and he said the Home Office informed them that it was a "need to know" basis and all they can tell me is that it relates to a dispute we had with the Home Office back in 2015 for some unpaid fees/legal fees. This in itself is somewhat true, back in 2015 I applied for my first 2.5 year spouse resident permit which was initially refused due to some unknown legal fees that were unpaid. We paid the fees, reapplied and was successful. I then went on to extend the 2.5 year resident permit, and then apply for ILR which is what I have today. The Border Force officer said as its been so long since the red flag relates to (over 7 years) that its obvious the issue was rectified otherwise I wouldn't have ILR right now.

He did say however that this will happen every time I enter to UK. With a small child this is very inconvenient, its both a waste of my and the Border Forces time. So he said I need to contact the Home Office to explain what has happened and remove this red flag from the system. Does anyone on this forum know who to contact as I am having no joy finding any contacts for this that will actually deal with it.

Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Home Office Form IS.81 at Heathrow

Post by manci » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:10 pm

In a similar case some 11 years ago (also at Heathrow) the complaint was made and resolved by writing to:

UK Border Force Complaints Team
Priory Ct
St John’s Road
Dover, Kent
CT17 9SH

However, this may no longer be a live address so it is best to follow the complaints procedure by emailing or writing to:

Complaints Allocation Hub
Central point of receipt
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

The Border Force complaints form is here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s_form.pdf

General information on making a complaint is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... e#contents
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice