ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP- - Spelling mistake in first name

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier2generalhelp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP- - Spelling mistake in first name

Post by tier2generalhelp » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 pm

Hi, I got my BRP back but there is a spelling mistake in my name, i have raised a request for the same on the portal , is there a way to expedite the correction, Also can i travel with incorrect name , its just a additional letter in my first name . Please help

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP- - Spelling mistake in first name

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:59 am

tier2generalhelp wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 pm
Hi, I got my BRP back but there is a spelling mistake in my name, i have raised a request for the same on the portal , is there a way to expedite the correction, Also can i travel with incorrect name , its just a additional letter in my first name . Please help
To know the answer to this question, one must have had to be in this situation before. Leaving the UK isn't a problem as your BRP isn't needed.
What if you get stuck out there and can't come back. The airline has a right to refuse to carry you because your name doesn't match.
What next?!
My wife recently had a little delay at the local airport in Canada flying from Toronto to Montreal, just because she mistakenly made her middle name her surname and the rest as name and other names. Don't ask me how that happened!
But there was a delay and they understood because it was all her names. She had to wait until they fixed them all on their system. Guess it probably helped that we were all flying together and had same surname.

Typo is a completely different kettle of fish. Especially on 2 different government issued documents. Name and date of birth always have to match. Not negotiable.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

tier2generalhelp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tier2generalhelp » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:42 am

Thanks, if they allowed such a big mistake, will it be a issue with just 1 letter added extra, Sameeer instead of sameer

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:22 am

tier2generalhelp wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:42 am
Thanks, if they allowed such a big mistake, will it be a issue with just 1 letter added extra, Sameeer instead of sameer
That was a local flight, and the error was on the itinerary, not on the passport(ID). But the names where all correct regardless.
Decision is entirely yours to make. We can only advise, you need to do what you need to do.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Hooman
United Kingdom

Post by Hooman » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:55 pm

Hi ,
I have received my BRP last week my surname spelled incorrectly for the second time , I claimed asylum a few years ago my name and surname was spelled correctly on my asylum registration card but on any letters I used to received from the homeoffice it my surname was incorrect on the letters , in 2017 I got my M.P involved then homeoffice write to my M.P they did stated they have now amended their records a few months after that I was granted refugee with the correct name and surname last month I had to apply for my ILR then again when they granted me they have the same error again I got H in my surname they did input M on my online status it is also incorrect, I did reported to them last Friday online no news from them until now , today I went to the post office and sent off copy of my driving licence my old brp utility bills copy of my NI Number including explanation letter to them what they have done again , is there anything else I can do to get it rectified please ?
Many Thanks