ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need an expert on Student Finance to help me in this mess

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnan1123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Need an expert on Student Finance to help me in this mess

Post by adnan1123 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:43 pm

My situation is quite complex.

I'm on pre-settled status. Someone on this visa needs to be either an EU national or a child of one to get Finance.

I'm not an EU national and my EU national parent has died. He was also a UK national if that matters.

I'm in the process of filling up the form. I need someone knowledgable in this side to ask some questions so I can complete the form in a way that maximises my chances of getting the Finance.

I tried searching online whether some sort of advisors exist on Student Finance, but there seems to be none.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Need an expert on Student Finance to help me in this mess

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:11 am

Sorry you are having problems - neither an expert in Student Finance nor EU Settled Status ....
Perhaps you could provide some details about your immigration history if that's the issue.
There may be some here who could probably comment, but more details would be helpful.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Need an expert on Student Finance to help me in this mess

Post by manci » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:29 am

adnan1123 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:43 pm
I tried searching online whether some sort of advisors exist on Student Finance, but there seems to be none.
suggest you read this:
https://ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advi ... layer-6193
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice