ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAVEL ADVICE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prksuv
Newly Registered
India

TRAVEL WITH INDIAN PASSPORT RETURN BACK WITH BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by prksuv » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:59 pm

Hi All,
Good Morning!
I need your valuable advice.
Due to an emergency we need to travel to India,I got an ILR, my wife got an FLR visa and my kid got a British passport.
My Kid got Indian passports as well. I tried to apply e visa for my son to visit India. Online it says, temporarily blocked only we can apply through embassy paper visa.
But we need to travel to India as soon as possible.

My doubt is, whether we can travel with an Indian passport and while coming back can I use a British passport for my son. Please let me know it will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance.

prksuv
Newly Registered
India

TRAVEL ADVICE

Post by prksuv » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:00 pm

Hi All,
Good Morning!
I need your valuable advice.
Due to an emergency we need to travel to India,I got an ILR, my wife got an FLR visa and my kid got a British passport.
My Kid got Indian passports as well. I tried to apply e visa for my son to visit India. Online it says, temporarily blocked only we can apply through embassy paper visa.
But we need to travel to India as soon as possible.

My doubt is, whether we can travel with an Indian passport and while coming back can I use a British passport for my son. Please let me know it will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: TRAVEL WITH INDIAN PASSPORT RETURN BACK WITH BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:03 pm

On the face of it this shouldn't be an issue (though not familiar with Indian travel requirements, if any):
1. Child uses Indian passport to enter India
2. Child uses British passport to enter UK
Many dual nationals do it that way.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: TRAVEL ADVICE

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:45 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cbarai
Newly Registered

Re: TRAVEL ADVICE

Post by cbarai » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:10 pm

India doesn't allow dual citizenship. You shouldn't hold both passports once you have obtained British citizenship.

Source - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/in ... n-passport

The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955, does not allow dual citizenship. Holding Indian passport/acquiring Indian passport/travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties. The Government of India has prescribed imposition of penalty on a graded scale for the violation of Passport Rules, depending on number of trips made on Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality (with a three month grace period from the date of acquiring foreign nationality i.e. the date of Naturalisation certificate), renewal of Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality and retention of Indian Passport for more than 3 years after acquiring of foreign nationality. The date on the Naturalisation Certificate will be treated as date of acquiring foreign nationality and hence, it is mandatory for the applicants to produce his / her Naturalisation Certificate for obtaining Surrender Certificate.
If it is an emergency, I'd recommend giving the embassy at London a call and discussing the situation. I'm sure there is a number on the embassy website for emergency travel.