ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help I am British Citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pudsey123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Need help I am British Citizen

Post by Pudsey123 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:49 pm

My daughter is 25 year old and she is British citizen. She travelled with her mother , her sister and myself to overseas and on the way back to UK we all scanned our British Passports . All went through fine but my 25 year old daughter has been asked to go the counter. She has been detained for 40 minutes as they said they have several checks to do. After 45 minutes border control officer let her go. Officer ask my daughter if she ever claimed asylum and she said no. I am her father where i claimed assylum in year 2001 about 22 years back and at that point my daughter was only 4 year old. I cant take her consent at that age as i claimed assylum due to my circumstances . That assylum was withdrawn after 5 years. So how the border officer can ask this question from my daughter as the assylum was claimed by her father when she was only 4 year old. What if she has left me ,say at the age of 16 or 18 , and not stayed in contact with me than how she know that her father claimed assylum when she was only 4 year old and enlisted her name . What if she traveled on her own and stopped by the border control and asked these question ,what will be her answer , she must havd said no or dont know. She was traumatised and now she is scared of traveling .
Please guide me to the right direction as what needs to be done that border agency do not stop her again and ask these question on which she has no control when she was only 4 year old.

I would appreciate an expert opinion and suggestion. Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Need help I am British Citizen

Post by manci » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:00 pm

Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Pudsey123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Need help I am British Citizen

Post by Pudsey123 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:25 pm

My daughter is 25 year old and she is British citizen. She travelled with her mother , her sister and myself to overseas and on the way back to UK we all scanned our British Passports . All went through fine but my 25 year old daughter has been asked to go the counter. She has been detained for 40 minutes as they said they have several checks to do. After 45 minutes border control officer let her go. Officer ask my daughter if she ever claimed asylum and she said no. I am her father where i claimed assylum in year 2001 about 22 years back and at that point my daughter was only 4 year old. I cant take her consent at that age as i claimed assylum due to my circumstances . That assylum was withdrawn after 5 years. So how the border officer can ask this question from my daughter as the assylum was claimed by her father when she was only 4 year old. What if she has left me ,say at the age of 16 or 18 , and not stayed in contact with me than how she know that her father claimed assylum when she was only 4 year old and enlisted her name . What if she traveled on her own and stopped by the border control and asked these question ,what will be her answer , she must havd said no or dont know. She was traumatised and now she is scared of traveling .
Please guide me to the right direction as what needs to be done that border agency do not stop her again and ask these question on which she has no control when she was only 4 year old.

I would appreciate an expert opinion and suggestion. Thanks