ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born abroad - First Child Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ikonkar
India

Child Born abroad - First Child Passport Application

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:56 pm

Guru's,

Hope you're well.

I am Naturalised British Citizen. me and my girl friend had a baby daughter after I was naturalised BC. So I think our daughter is automatically British Citizen. I'm going through divorce process with my wife so hoping that to be finalised in the next 3-4 months.

Question:
I'd like to apply for my Baby daughter first child British Passport, but she's living in South America currently and she has a passport from where she was born in South America. So now I was wondering would it be possible for me to apply for her British Passport from UK itself and personally take it to South America, so she could travel.

Reason being the processing time from abroad is over 12 weeks and I could potentially get it quicker if applied from UK. I know I'd need her original passport from her country of birth and birth certificate which is okay i can carry those with me to UK.

Is there an option of this kind of applying passport within UK but child is overseas?

Thank you in advance.
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child Born abroad - First Child Passport Application

Post by Ticktack » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:24 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:56 pm
Guru's,

Hope you're well.

I am Naturalised British Citizen. me and my girl friend had a baby daughter after I was naturalised BC. So I think our daughter is automatically British Citizen. I'm going through divorce process with my wife so hoping that to be finalised in the next 3-4 months.

Question:
I'd like to apply for my Baby daughter first child British Passport, but she's living in South America currently and she has a passport from where she was born in South America. So now I was wondering would it be possible for me to apply for her British Passport from UK itself and personally take it to South America, so she could travel.

Reason being the processing time from abroad is over 12 weeks and I could potentially get it quicker if applied from UK. I know I'd need her original passport from her country of birth and birth certificate which is okay i can carry those with me to UK.

Is there an option of this kind of applying passport within UK but child is overseas?

Thank you in advance.
Not sure there is. Passport is usually applied from where you're resident. The passport doesn't belong to you, it belongs to your child.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:08 pm

Thank you for your response and agree that passport is personal to that individual, but on the hindsight is it possible though? I looked at the guidance notes as well I cannot see anywhere it says child should be present in the UK when applying for passport within UK?
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:58 pm

anything on this please
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:19 pm

I believe the application asks where the applicant is. Carry on and see the options?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.