ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Dependent Visa Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue May 03, 2022 8:57 pm

Hi All,

Firstly I do apologise if I’m posting my query in a wrong forum. I’m currently holding British passport. I’m soon applying for my wife’s pbs dependent visa extension. I have two questions:

1) Can I still extend PBS Dependent visa being a British passport holder. As my original route is tier2 to ILR to British.
2) Do I need to maintain any maintenance funds. If so, how much do I need to maintain? Thank you so, much in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:18 pm

1. Yes, provided you got ILR based in 5 years PBS route and not 10 years long residence

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue May 03, 2022 9:24 pm

No, provided she has been in the UK with permission for 1 year or longer
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue May 03, 2022 9:54 pm

Hi CR001 & Manci,

Thanks for your response.

1) Yes I got my ILR on five years route.
2) Yes …. her previous stay was for three years. Granted in 2019. Thanks

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:18 pm

Hi All,

Firstly my sincere apologies if I posted my query in a wrong forum.

I need your advice regarding my partners application.

She was on PBS dependent visa from July 2015. Due to some medical emergency we have withdrawn her existing pbs dependent application in august 2018 which made her clock reset to zero technically. But we made a valid application within 14 days period from India and the application was successful. And we went to India in September 2020 and got struck there for 8 months due to covid and personal reasons too. Now my questions are:

1) I’m planning to apply ILR for my partner based on her stay from July 2015 to July 2020. With a hope that her withdrawal will be considered on humanitarian grounds and also, we made a successful application with in 14 days of leaving UK.
2. In case the ILR is not successful does Home office convert my partners ILR application to PBS dependent? So, that we can atleast save some application fee if they convert ILR application to PBS dependent rather than rejecting it.

I agree that i should have tried my luck by applying ILR in July 2020 but didn’t expect that we gonna get struck in India. What is the best option for us now.
1) Try our luck with ILR OR go ahead with normal PBS dependent? Please advise Thanks in advance

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:02 am

Any suggestions on my above query please? Sorry for chasing usually I get response quickly. I hope I have not posted my question on the wrong board. @Zimba , Manci, CR001 any suggestions please.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:27 am

Hi All,

In relation to my above question:

In case ILR application is not successful does Home office convert my partners ILR application to PBS dependent. I mean will they issue a pbs dependent visa with the same ILR application in case of rejection? Is there anything like this in guidance policy. Does anyone came across this scenario. Your advise is really helpful. Thank you

aahish
India

Re: Any suggestions please

Post by aahish » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:53 pm

Any suggestions on my above query please 🙏

aahish
India

Re: skilled worker visa Dependent Documents

Post by aahish » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:56 pm

Hi All,

After going through the policy guidance. I have decided to go with skilled worker dependant visa. I have not got any documents list that needs to be uploaded even after the application submission and successful payment.

Can someone please shed some light on what documents needs to submitted for a skilled worker dependant visa with in Uk and the main applicant is on British passport. I agree there are lot of posts but unable to find a post of my scenario. Thanks in advance.