ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS - PSW - Gap Allowed

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSUK

IGS - PSW - Gap Allowed

Post by SSUK » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 pm

IGS Visa Issued on 26 Jan 09 - IGS Visa
I won't be able to demonstrate £800 Minimum Balance for 3 months, as i had not realise earlier & utilise money for loan repayments...

So i might have to go back to India...

Just wanted to understand, what's the Maximum Gap allowed before i can re-apply for remaining 1 YEAR with fnds of £2800.....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:11 am

It is not so much the gap it is the fact that PSW allows a maximum of two years from the date of the qualifying award. So you will not get an additional year when you apply, you will only get the remaining part of the period up to the two year point.

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks for your response. Is it Two years from issue of first IGS Visa or from completion of Degree, please ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Two years from date of award.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I have heard in other forum that it is not allowed to apply for transition IGS to PSW outside UK. so how can you apply from back home? will you please clearify. thanks mate.

email257525
BANNED

Suggestions

Post by email257525 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:57 am

To SSUK,,,,,

Hello,
YOU might be so upset that you dont fullfill the maintenance requirements as you dont hold money in your account.

But there is an other way if you want to resarch on it, that is Find any of your friend, relative, Girlfriend who have maintained their account well since last three months, You just Join with him/her, I mean make a joint account. Mean simply manage to add your name in his/her account.

Then get a letter from bank confirming that the money has been held in that account, been there for since last three months, and the balance has always been more that 800 pounds every single day since last three months.

Home Office will not know that you hold that joint account since last three months or NOT,,, Hopefully it will work.
Please dont not trust fully on this tip but do your research and then take steps....

Good Luck

Md
Newly Registered

Will it really work ?

Post by Md » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 am

Hi

Thanks for a different view. This is really something good which might help those who cannot made possible to maintain fund of £800 for three month period.

Is there anyone who can give real view or suggestions on this ??

Thanks in advance.