ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wandra
United Kingdom

Visitor visa

Post by Wandra » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:28 am

Hi,
I 'm planning to bring my mother in law to UK from India. We have some clarification before we submit the visitor application form.
Me and my husband are renting 1 BHK maisonette, which has separate living room and Spam.
1) Will UKVI consider this as over crowding as it is 1 BHK?
2) My Tenancy agreement does not have details such as 1 BHK or living room. Will it be okay to upload the tenancy agreement that I have?

Thanks.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Visitor visa

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:18 pm

A copy of the tenancy agreement is enough.

The house distribution is irrelevant.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:28 am
Hi,
I 'm planning to bring my mother in law to UK from India. We have some clarification before we submit the visitor application form.
Me and my husband are renting 1 BHK maisonette, which has separate living room and Spam.
1) Will UKVI consider this as over crowding as it is 1 BHK?
2) My Tenancy agreement does not have details such as 1 BHK or living room. Will it be okay to upload the tenancy agreement that I have?
It's a visiting visa, not a settlement visa. You don't need a tenancy agreement. Any utility bill would suffice.
Anything that shows your address, to confirm where you say you live. Proof of address!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi,
Thanks for that.
Just needed to ask if I am providing tenancy agreement, as its only in my and my husband's name, do I need any letter from my landlord/agent?
Also, my husband is in spouse visa and he has UK residence, can he sponsor for his mother to come to UK?

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:19 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:04 pm
Hi,
Thanks for that.
Just needed to ask if I am providing tenancy agreement, as its only in my and my husband's name, do I need any letter from my landlord/agent? That's fine then
Also, my husband is in spouse visa and he has UK residence, can he sponsor for his mother to come to UK? Yes he can.

Thanks.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:58 pm

Visitor visa :

Hi, we have another clarification.

My mother in law have no property in india. She is dependent to my father in law, where land/property is in his name.

For proof of return back to home country, we have planned to get a letter from my father but unfortunately they don’t have marriage certificate as they married in 1987.

Could you please advise alternatives solution to show her proof of return back from UK.

vidhyasharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by vidhyasharma » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:44 pm

They must have their spouse's name on each other passport, which can be proof. Also, I got my parent's marriage certificate made 30 years after their wedding, in local Nagar Palika, cost like 1000-1500 rupees and got it in 7 days.

vidhyasharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by vidhyasharma » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:44 pm

They must have their spouse's name on each other passport, which can be proof. Also, I got my parent's marriage certificate made 30 years after their wedding, in local Nagar Palika, cost like 1000-1500 rupees and got it in 7 days.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Thanks for your reply,

I will try my best to get this certificate.

If not, an affidavit document endorsed by notary public will be accepted by UKVI? Can this can be given as alternative for marriage certificate?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:59 pm

You also can explain her situation in the invitation letter, there are lots of templates online. Of course, any statement needs to be supported by the appropriate evidence or document.

Going back to your previous query, a tenancy agreement is completely acceptable since you're sponsoring her visit and she will stay in your place. This also needs to be explained in the letter.

Look at 9. Documents you should not use as evidence from the guide to supporting documents for visitors to the UK.

I did this for my mother a few months ago and if I remember even the VFS portal advises to not upload utility bills as they are not useful for this application.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:45 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
We have applied for marriage certificates and should be with us in next 30 days.

1. Please advise will this marriage certificate alone will give UKVI to trust us that she will return back home? Or we need to attach any other documents of my father in law?

2. We want her to be in UK at November end, so what is the right time to apply ?

3. My husband spouse visa is expiring next April. Can he still sponsor his mother for visitor visa, she will be here from December-may 2022. Will UKVI think the sponsor spouse visa is getting expired before the applicant visitor visa (Dec -May) in the UK and refuse it ?

4. Can me and my husband both together can sponsor her? Can we attached both of our payslips and financial documents to invite her?

Please clarify, thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:11 am

Wandra wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:45 pm
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
We have applied for marriage certificates and should be with us in next 30 days.

1. Please advise will this marriage certificate alone will give UKVI to trust us that she will return back home? Or we need to attach any other documents of my father in law? There should be other ways evidenced showing ties to India to convince on the high likelihood of returning back after visit.

2. We want her to be in UK at November end, so what is the right time to apply ? While the recommendation is to apply 3months before intended travel date, application can take 6-8weeks to process. Be open to the fact visa can make her travel date later.

3. My husband spouse visa is expiring next April. Can he still sponsor his mother for visitor visa, she will be here from December-may 2022. Will UKVI think the sponsor spouse visa is getting expired before the applicant visitor visa (Dec -May) in the UK and refuse it ? He can sponsor as he has valid leave at the time of application. Co-sponsoring as you indicated in 4. below can help in that line. Note that while no known rule against it, it may be expedient not to indicate visitor will stay for 6months stretch.

4. Can me and my husband both together can sponsor her? Can we attached both of our payslips and financial documents to invite her? Yes.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:25 am

]
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:11 am
Wandra wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:45 pm
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

1. Please advise will this marriage certificate alone will give UKVI to trust us that she will return back home? Or we need to attach any other documents of my father in law? There should be other ways evidenced showing ties to India to convince on the high likelihood of returning back after visit.
. can you indicate what other evidence can be produced please. As she is dependent to her husband in India.
2. We want her to be in UK at November end, so what is the right time to apply ? While the recommendation is to apply 3months before intended travel date, application can take 6-8weeks to process. Be open to the fact visa can make her travel date later.

3. My husband spouse visa is expiring next April. Can he still sponsor his mother for visitor visa, she will be here from December-may 2022. Will UKVI think the sponsor spouse visa is getting expired before the applicant visitor visa (Dec -May) in the UK and refuse it ? He can sponsor as he has valid leave at the time of application. Co-sponsoring as you indicated in 4. below can help in that line. Note that while no known rule against it, it may be expedient not to indicate visitor will stay for 6months stretch.

4. Can me and my husband both together can sponsor her? Can we attached both of our payslips and financial documents to invite her? Yes.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your advise again.

For proof of returning home
1. Letter from my Father in law stating his wife will return ( keeping Marriage certificate as proof)

2. Letter from my sister in law who lives with my mother in law in same house.

3. Adding to above two, my father in law is transferring one of a property ownership to my mother in law this month.

Can we give this as one of the evidence that applicant has property in india to return?

And

As we are changing the property owner this month and applying next month, will this be an problem for us to visa rejection?

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:38 am

Wandra wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:05 pm
Hi,
Thanks for your advise again.

For proof of returning home
1. Letter from my Father in law stating his wife will return ( keeping Marriage certificate as proof) Proof of returning home isn't about testimonials or letters from people guaranteeing ones return, it's about showing strong ties that you can't leave behind. Job, family, business arrangements, income, investments. The list is endless and also not particular if I'm making any sense.

2. Letter from my sister in law who lives with my mother in law in same house.

3. Adding to above two, my father in law is transferring one of a property ownership to my mother in law this month. If it shows she owns it, but doesn't show that it was transferred recently, then that would be fine. Anything otherwise would seem like this was done solely to try and obtain the visa.

Can we give this as one of the evidence that applicant has property in india to return? It helps.

And

As we are changing the property owner this month and applying next month, will this be an problem for us to visa rejection?

Thanks.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:21 am

Hi,
Could anyone please tell me any UK approved translation center in Chennai for my mother in law to translate from tamil to English. This is for her visa.

Thanks.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:16 pm

The translator can be any accredited in the country of origin. It does not need to be UK approved.

Visiting the UK: guide to supporting documents

Each translation must contain:

- confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- the date of translation
- the translator’s full name and signature
- the translator’s contact details

mahir320
Newly Registered
India

Post by mahir320 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:54 pm

Hello, dont know if this help but I just used a local translator and added a confirmation letter with translator details and contact information, date and sign as last page of translation. And 2 visas were approved.