ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British citizenship??

Post by Sailkot » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 am

Hello.

I read it on some immigrtion website, to apply for British citizen, you need to be legal in UK for last five years.. but I think in UK good character requirement they check your last 10 year immigrtion status In UK.. please need advise

I got my 5 year non eea permit on 01 April 2015. Got my indefinate on 19 August 2019.... French wife got indefinate in July 2019.

Where do I stand, should I apply or wait for 01 April 2025.
Because before April 2015, I had no status, lots of immigrition application were made.. these solicitors..
10 year back even no status August 2012..

Please do guide me.. £ home office fees no problem for, buy don't want to bin it,

Please do guide me as always

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship??

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 am

Sailkot wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 am
Hello.

I read it on some immigrtion website, to apply for British citizen, you need to be legal in UK for last five years.. but I think in UK good character requirement they check your last 10 year immigrtion status In UK.. please need advise

I got my 5 year non eea permit on 01 April 2015. Got my indefinate on 19 August 2019.... French wife got indefinate in July 2019.

Where do I stand, should I apply or wait for 01 April 2025.
Because before April 2015, I had no status, lots of immigrition application were made.. these solicitors..
10 year back even no status August 2012..

Please do guide me.. £ home office fees no problem for, buy don't want to bin it,

Please do guide me as always
If you've been in the UK illegally at any point, then the 10 years criteria affects you. So if you got your permit in April 2015, you have to wait till April 2025.

This is also provided the you've not had any questionable issues since then. Like drink driving, court sentences and the works.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:35 pm

I got my 5 year non eea permit on 01 April 2015
Sailkot wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 am
I got my 5 year non eea permit on 01 April 2015.
What is your UK immigration history before this?

There are multiple requirements for naturalisation in the UK. The time based requirements are;

You need to
(a) have been physically present in the UK exactly five years to the day before the date of naturalisation application.
(b) (because your spouse is not a British citizen) have been resident in the UK for at least five years, with absences of less than 450 days in those five years.
(c) have absences of less than 90 days in the year immediately preceding the date of naturalisation application
(d) not have been resident in the UK illegally or worked in the UK illegally in any of the 10 years preceding the date of naturalisation application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:22 am

[/quote]What is your UK immigration history before this?
No status, after 2005, no visa, just appeal process and wait..

There are multiple requirements for naturalisation in the UK. The time based requirements are;

You need to
(a) have been physically present in the UK exactly five years to the day before the date of naturalisation application.
(b) (because your spouse is not a British citizen) have been resident in the UK for at least five years, with absences of less than 450 days in those five years.
(c) have absences of less than 90 days in the year immediately preceding the date of naturalisation application
(d) not have been resident in the UK illegally or worked in the UK illegally in any of the 10 years preceding the date of naturalisation application.
[/quote]

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Sailkot wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:22 am
No status, after 2005, no visa, just appeal process and wait..
I'd suggest applying on or after the 10th anniversary of your marriage to your French spouse (assuming that you married within the UK) or the 10th anniversary of entering the UK after your marriage to the French citizen (if you married abroad).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.