ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PS dependent : Documents to be uploaded

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier-2 Dependent Visa extension for my spouse

Post by dineshsethiya » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:48 pm

Dear friends,

I am Tier-2 general dependent to my wife and my dependent visa was issued in 2019. Recently my wife got ILR few months back and now I and my son's have our renewal due in Sept-2022. I have the following queries:

(1) Is it the form FLR(M) which we need to fill for our extension?

(2) Do I need to prove my Knowledge of English ??? Is this requirement got added recently? ( https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english)
I do not remember proving it during my first application in 2019. Note that before I moved to tier-2 dependent I was on Tier-2 ICT as primary holder.

Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier-2 Dependent Visa extension for my spouse

Post by manci » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:55 pm

dineshsethiya wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Is it the form FLR(M) which we need to fill for our extension?
No, you and the children should apply as PBS Dependants. See the section Apply from inside the UK, How to apply here:
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

Note that in the application you'll have to provide the licence number of your wife's last T2G sponsor. As your wife has ILR you'll get a mandatory 3 year extension.
dineshsethiya wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Do I need to prove my Knowledge of English
No
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dineshsethiya » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:59 am

Thank you so much Manci. Much appreciated.
Since I started filling the application thinking form FLR(M) is the right one for me and was hlaf way through. now in order to fill the correct form I tried to delete my FLR(M) application but it is throwing ADB_003 error codeand not allowing me to delete it, nor it is allowing me to create a new application. I tried searching this error on net and home office site, but could not find anything. I have sent an email to them as well.

By any chance do you know what this error is and if any way to resolve it.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dinesh

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:16 pm

dineshsethiya wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:59 am
I tried to delete my FLR(M) application but it is throwing ADB_003 error codeand not allowing me to delete it, nor it is allowing me to create a new application.
Draft applications are automatically deleted after a time if not submitted, there is no need to delete it. Try again creating a new application. When you log in there is usually a choice of continuing with an existing application or creating a new one

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dineshsethiya » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:31 pm

Thank you Manci. There is an option of selecting another application but when I choose the type as Skilled worker -> Your partner and children , it brings me to the same page where my partial filled application of form FLR(M) is there with name "Dependent Partner".

I tried this multiple times but each time it verifies me with my BRP number and DOB but lands on the same page.

Thinking that Dependent Partner is the form I need to complete, further down it ask the following questions:

Does xxxxx already have their Skilled worker visa?
The UAN is on their application emails. For example: 3434-0000-0000-0001
Medical history is being asked ( going to GP , A&E etc)

Now since my wife already has got her ILR, do I need to provide YES to first question and UAN from her last Tier-2 general extension ( happened in 2019)? Also do I need to give the history of all my visit to GP?

I don't remember giving medical history in the past.

Many thanks once again for helping me out.

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dineshsethiya » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 pm

Hi Manci,

The issue is resolved and I am able to use the correct form. Thanks.

I have another question now. While paying for IHS, it ask for work start and end date and since I am applying as dependent I have been asked to enter main applicant's dates. My question here is since my wife has ILR now, what details goes here? Do I need to enter her start date of the work ( which is different then the sponsorship date because for few months she was on tier-2 ICT ) and does end date should be the end date of the last extension before she received the ILR??

Kind Regards,
Dinesh

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

PBS dependent: Fixed Penalty Notice

Post by dineshsethiya » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:52 pm

Hello moderator,

I am filling the PBS dependent form for an extension and wanted your urgent help. In the past I have received a fixed penalty notice for using mobile while driving the car. I paid the penalty but that offence still there on my driving license and would be there for next 2 more years.

My query here is under which section I should mention this? Will it go under driving offences under Criminality?? Asking this as there are different suggestion on the net.

Many thanks in advance.

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dineshsethiya » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Hello All,

Found answer to my queries and hence posting here:

(1) Regarding UAN : I found the reply from manci on another thread uk-skilled-worker-visas/category-for-de ... N#p2078598

(2) Regarding the work start and end date is to calculate the IHS amount, so please give the date as your last day of expiry of your current visa + 1 day , and work end date should be the expiry date of your spouse's (main applicant) visa expiry ( in case of ILR if the expiry date of your spouse is too far in future then please put end date as for how long you are seeking this visa before you become eligible for ILR).

Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:59 pm

the answer to item (2) is also given in the post you provided a link to

urbandude
India

Re: PBS dependent: Fixed Penalty Notice

Post by urbandude » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:26 pm

Under driving offences

dineshsethiya
Mood:
United Kingdom

PBS dependent : Documents to be uploaded

Post by dineshsethiya » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:06 pm

Hello All,

Today I applied for PBS dependent extension for myself and my son. I have two queries to ask:

(1) I used the UK immigration ID check app to verify my ID, which was successful. however after completing the application I was ONLY asked to upload the document to prove my relationship with my spouse (main applicant), which I did and after which site said document upload complete.

I just wanted to know was this Ok? because I thought they will ask me to upload my passport, bank statement, pay slips, BRP etc etc but it did not.

Also it did not give me any option of priority/super priority service so I am assuming that my application still will be considered in priority as per their info on this page : https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

(2) While filling the extension application for my son , we did not get the option of UK immigration ID check app and hence we have to book the biometrics appointment. Is this because he is under 18 yrs and hence he has to go physically for biometrics?

Many thanks in advance.