ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

9 Months Late Naturalisation: Is it refused?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Uchikanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

9 Months Late Naturalisation: Is it refused?

Post by Uchikanda » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:09 pm

Hi all,

I am sure this topic appears a lot in this forum but I feel very helpless, which again I am sure happens a lot.

I have been waiting for a response on my application for 9 months and 9 days now with no response.

About 4 months in, I found an email in my junk folder saying this is your second warning that if you don't book a biometric appointment your application will be canceled in 10 days. Of course, I found out 10 days after the email and the first email must have been deleted from the junk folder.

In a panic, I called UKVI which turns out is absolutely useless because some guy answered that knew nothing and just said "yeah it is probably ok, I think" (That is the service quality you receive for paying 1.5k I suppose)
Also contacted UKVCAS who confirmed there have been no requests from UKVI on their side and my initial appointment was fine and submitted to UKVI. They also told me that sometimes these emails get triggered for no reason. (this whole ordeal did cost me an extra £45 in phone bills but hey-ho it is what it is)

I am now at a point, where I just want to know wth is going on?
Did this happen to anybody else?
Is there even any way to reach out to someone that knows about the application?
How do I know if my application is actually canceled like do you receive an email saying it is canceled in big writing or do I have to find that out myself too?

About 2 months ago I have sent complaints and contacted my MP to help me out, which he said he would yet I didnt hear anything back yet

Is there anything else I can do to find out wth is going on?

Davido9177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: 9 Months Late Naturalisation: Is it refused?

Post by Davido9177 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:44 am

11 months in here, still nothing from them. we stay waiting though. All the best.

ExpectDissapointment
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ExpectDissapointment » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:42 pm

13 months here.

I received the same please attend Biometrics appointment or else! I tired calling UKVCAS, no luck, waiting in an endless queue. I was trying to get in touch with UKVI and UKVCAS during the Afghanistan refugee crisis, in 30 minutes of waiting I progressed from number 32 on the list, to number 31. It was pointless. Contacted UKVCAS via Twitter and got a response in few hours, they were about to contact UKVI on my behalf and ask why I was asked to attend the Biometrics appointment again. Following day I was told the email was send in error and I don't need to action on it.

Months have passed and no update. I contacted the local MP and weeks after that, I was told to re-attend Biometrics. I did. This was months ago.

As far as I'm aware, the MP has not received an answer from UKVI about my submission and I received a standard 'we're sorry, it takes however long it takes' email.

I'll send a SAR request by the end of this week, hope that will offer some information about what's happening.

A bit more detail on my timeline here: british-citizenship/citizenship-applica ... 30155.html

I'm curious how the people inside (UKCVAS or UKVI) view what I consider to be no accountability or transparency.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:00 pm

There are some people who have longer delays. Here is a report of a 33 month delay.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ExpectDissapointment
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ExpectDissapointment » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:38 pm

Except of a trial that would influence the outcome, I cannot imagine what would take 33 months to decide.

From time to time I wonder how much in this whole process depends on the worker's skill, competence and willingness.

Uchikanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Uchikanda » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:45 pm

Thank you for your replies guys, even if it is bad news that I might wait another 22+ months. At least I don't feel alone.

In regards to how much goes into the process, we filled out our applications together with a few of my friends. Mostly same details since we are the same age came to the UK from Cyprus for uni then worked etc. They had 2months, 3months, 6 months to process and got their reply and I picked the short straw I guess. Therefore my assumption is that it isn't about the work it takes at all and I am afraid to say competency because surely if someone super good can do something in two months, incompetency shouldn't add another 7 months to it, you would expect.. And then there is 22 months, absolute disgrace

I have no idea what goes on in homeoffice but this is literally the worst service in the history of man. Like £1300+ for literally nothing, like I am almost tempted to go the police and report that I have been mugged and someone stole my 1.3k

Uchikanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Uchikanda » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm

ExpectDissapointment wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:42 pm
13 months here.

I received the same please attend Biometrics appointment or else! I tired calling UKVCAS, no luck, waiting in an endless queue. I was trying to get in touch with UKVI and UKVCAS during the Afghanistan refugee crisis, in 30 minutes of waiting I progressed from number 32 on the list, to number 31. It was pointless. Contacted UKVCAS via Twitter and got a response in few hours, they were about to contact UKVI on my behalf and ask why I was asked to attend the Biometrics appointment again. Following day I was told the email was send in error and I don't need to action on it.

Months have passed and no update. I contacted the local MP and weeks after that, I was told to re-attend Biometrics. I did. This was months ago.

As far as I'm aware, the MP has not received an answer from UKVI about my submission and I received a standard 'we're sorry, it takes however long it takes' email.

I'll send a SAR request by the end of this week, hope that will offer some information about what's happening.

A bit more detail on my timeline here: british-citizenship/citizenship-applica ... 30155.html

I'm curious how the people inside (UKCVAS or UKVI) view what I consider to be no accountability or transparency.
Funny enough I just received an email from my MP that there was actually an issue about my biometrics and they will contact me again to book an appointment either via post or email.

I don't understand how the big UK government that I handed in every single bit of information about myself couldn't contact me for the past 6 months but I guess I am just happy to know that the application still exists somewhere in the system

ExpectDissapointment
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ExpectDissapointment » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:31 pm

Yey! Progress.

Months ago, I was told I need to attend Biometrics, again. About 2 weeks after that Sopra Steria sent me an email. I needed to register again with them, my old account was deleted. Once I had signed up for a new account I could access the website, but not book appointments or upload documents.

Same week I got a call from UKVCAS and I booked an appointment for next month (soonest available in 4 weeks). I wasn't able to find out trough this whole process if my documents were needed again or not.

Weeks later I went for the appointment and things started started well, with the use of the QR code, but then got worse, I think I was told my files cannot be found in the system (I did not re-upload them) and then, the agent got out a piece of paper and started to write on it, explaining the situation. Well, call me a pessimist, but if the automated system failed, I can't see a piece of paper and more human interaction succeeding.

Anyway, I would advise you to ask how this new biometric appointment affects the timeline of your application. And what information you are expected to provide from now on. I doubt you'll get a straight answer, but it's worth a try.

Good luck.

Uchikanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Uchikanda » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:51 pm

ExpectDissapointment wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:31 pm
Yey! Progress.

Months ago, I was told I need to attend Biometrics, again. About 2 weeks after that Sopra Steria sent me an email. I needed to register again with them, my old account was deleted. Once I had signed up for a new account I could access the website, but not book appointments or upload documents.

Same week I got a call from UKVCAS and I booked an appointment for next month (soonest available in 4 weeks). I wasn't able to find out trough this whole process if my documents were needed again or not.

Weeks later I went for the appointment and things started started well, with the use of the QR code, but then got worse, I think I was told my files cannot be found in the system (I did not re-upload them) and then, the agent got out a piece of paper and started to write on it, explaining the situation. Well, call me a pessimist, but if the automated system failed, I can't see a piece of paper and more human interaction succeeding.

Anyway, I would advise you to ask how this new biometric appointment affects the timeline of your application. And what information you are expected to provide from now on. I doubt you'll get a straight answer, but it's worth a try.

Good luck.
Thank you for this, I will approach with caution. They already said once this is done then they can start considering my application so I am guessing another 6 months at least after that

Lets see if I will even receive an email for an appointment.

I also love how everything you say matches your nickname so well

Uchikanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Uchikanda » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:25 am

Wanted to update in case anybody else finds this:
After many back and forth between UKVI and MP they said they lost my biometrics and would have to go for another appointment.
Then asked me to wait for them to contact me, then a week later they said no need we found your biometrics. Then a few weeks later they sent a mail to MP apologising...
Finally on the 11th month I received the decision and booked the ceremony.
So there is light at the end of the tunnel, hope best of luck to everyone who was involved

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:45 am

Glad you finally got resolution, following up with your MP does help at times.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.