ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:08 pm

burbero wrote:
strongbow wrote:Are there any other people here who applied in 2005 and are still awaiting a decision on their naturalisation application approval?

I applied in Nov 2005 and am still waiting.
I checked with DoJ in early October this year and was told "no decision has been made yet. I will be informed in due course of time".

just wanted to find out if there are others in the same boat as me.
I'm in the same situation, Strongbow. Applied in November 2005, got request for the standard additional package of docs to send (marriage/birth affidavits, payslips, etc.) - end of May, 2008. No news since then.

Me too on the same boat, I called last week, still waiting for decision. I don't expect to hear from them until Jan.
I believe this is in line with all application, we just need to wait and be patient.
I won't call them again until Feb-09. It won't help, it won't help anybody else either. The person taking the call won't be able to speed it up anyway.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:29 pm

It would be interesting to hear if anyone who applied post Nov 2005 has actually got it approved.

Needless to say, only the people who meet the usual criteria need to answer - 5 yrs residence/work, no irish grand dads, not married to EU.

If it actually takes 3 yrs and 4 months end to end, then you may hear from them no sooner than March 2009. F**king hell.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:33 pm

I hope the waiting time will gradually shorter. I don't think they can reduce the time dramatically in short time.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:17 pm

If someone who have not register to this forum, and also applied in 2005, have not received approval. Needless to say, apply base on working/residence. I urge, can they kindly put up their stories in here.
So we can all get more excited.

I believe only handful of people that we know so far.

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am

could we send a letter to Minister of Justice about our plight.

Ok, here is my small introduction. Non-eu indian immigrant living here for the past 6.5 years. applied LTR on April 2007 and citizenship Sept 2007.

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:33 am

Hi everyone,

Applied in Aug 2006 as I had been here/working for 5 years on WP. Got letter yesterday asking for:

2007 P21
3 recent payslips
3 months of bank statements

So, will gather them up and send them. This is the 1st I've heard from them in ages. We'll see......

Maria

hussie
Newly Registered

Marriage Affidavit

Post by hussie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Guys

I'm totally puzzled. I'm divorced and have been since 2004. Was married to non-EU citizen. When I applied in 2005 I was already divorced.

Now they want a marriage affidavit. (I already sent them the final decree of my divorce and civil status cert proving my current status as divorce). I don't have the marriage cert anymore and I will definitely not be able to get the details of her parents from my ex. I don't even know how to reach her. Can anyone think why they would need this affidavit? I tried contacting them (sent letters, tried calling) but they ignore my question and just sent the affidavit form.

Is there anyone out there in a similar position?

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi

I'm really getting worried now. People who applied in August 2006 are getting letters asking for additional information. I applied in June 2006 and never heard a word.

Phoned and told that my application is "with the minister".

Deeply distressing!

alica
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Affidavit

Post by alica » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:38 pm

hussie wrote:
Can anyone think why they would need this affidavit?
I don't think you have to worry so much-they just have letter template and send it automatikally.
I doubt, they even read your application before sending this letter.
computer just produce letters at programmed time.
friend of mine received the same request and he was never ever married.
just send them letter with explanation.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Lost Soul wrote:Hi

I'm really getting worried now. People who applied in August 2006 are getting letters asking for additional information. I applied in June 2006 and never heard a word.

Deeply distressing!
In most cases, people will be asked for p21, bank statement and pay slip. You should being asked as well, Try send them letter

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Darkhorse wrote:

Deeply distressing!
In most cases, people will be asked for p21, bank statement and pay slip. You should being asked as well, Try send them letter
not necessarily-some people are getting approval without asking for any additional information. it looks like they do not ask add.info from people who applied in 2005 and early 2006...

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am

alica wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:

Deeply distressing!
not necessarily-some people are getting approval without asking for any additional information. it looks like they do not ask add.info from people who applied in 2005 and early 2006...

I agree with you, freind of mine applied in August as well, ans they didn't ask him for extra docs, I think mainily cause he provided docs while applying for LTR.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 am

I applied LTR one year after I applied Citizenship. Purely I didn't know that LTR is possible at that time and I believe I am not alone.

I have not received my LTR yet. 2 years has passed.
Can someone confirm that granting LTR is postpone if one already apply citizenship?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:13 am

I applied LTR one year after I applied Citizenship. Purely I didn't know that LTR is possible at that time and I believe I am not alone.

I have not received my LTR yet. 2 years has passed.
Can someone confirm that granting LTR is postpone if one already apply citizenship?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Applied Aug 06 on 5 yrs residence/work basis
Recd letter for additional docs.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Applied Aug 06 on 5 yrs residence/work basis
Recd letter for additional docs this week.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:19 pm

As I said in another post this is just rumour.
Only God knows what is happening.
I hope they are not delaying the LTR, because of the citizenship.

Regards,

Mendo
________
How To Roll Blunts
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Darkhorse wrote:ICan someone confirm that granting LTR is postpone if one already apply citizenship?
one friend of mine applied for LTR and citizenship in NOV 2006 ( 5 years work permit)
received LTR in Sep 2008 - 3 weeks later he've got approval of citizenship!
lucky one!!!! :D
he did not get any requests for additional documents.....

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:37 pm

Received Letter on Friday. Asked for P21, 3 pay slips and bank statement.
I applied August 2006.
I also received a letter in June requesting a Police Clearance Certificate. This turned out to be for LTR. I never applied for this, only Naturalisation.
I decided to everything with pinch of salt and not expect to much from this floating third world.

mendo

Post by mendo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Rustig,

What did you do when you've seen the letter from INIS asking for PPC?
Have you sent them the PPC yet?

If you did, have you got the 5 years LTR yet?

It looks that the interference between the LTR and the naturalization process might be true.

Regards,

Mendo
________
INJURY COVER FORUMS
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Mendo: I recieved the letter at the end of July 2008. Only send the PPC middle October. Nothing yet. I get the impression the two departments does not know what the other is doing. Been in Ireland since May 2001.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am

rustig wrote:Mendo: I recieved the letter at the end of July 2008. Only send the PPC middle October. Nothing yet. I get the impression the two departments does not know what the other is doing. Been in Ireland since May 2001.
if you have never applied LTR, why would they send you PPC request for LTR?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:07 am

mendo wrote:Hi Rustig,

What did you do when you've seen the letter from INIS asking for PPC?
Have you sent them the PPC yet?

If you did, have you got the 5 years LTR yet?

It looks that the interference between the LTR and the naturalization process might be true.

Regards,

Mendo
so Mendo. are you saying the INIS is linking the LTR and naturalization application together now?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 am

mktsoi wrote:
rustig wrote:Mendo: I recieved the letter at the end of July 2008. Only send the PPC middle October. Nothing yet. I get the impression the two departments does not know what the other is doing. Been in Ireland since May 2001.
if you have never applied LTR, why would they send you PPC request for LTR?
This would be very interesting for me as my pcc has in for 2months and my p21 etc etc has been sent in for 5 months.
So base on calculation I probably received both in the same time if I am lucky. Thou, if I receive the citizenship I definitely don't need LTR.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Any one knows how long it takes INIS to confirm back the receive of extra documents (P21, bank accounts etc.. )