ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council not received letter from home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Follow_the_map
Newly Registered

Council not received letter from home office

Post by Follow_the_map » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:59 am

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice. My citizenship approval email was received in early June. It says i need to book the ceremony in 3 months. I've repeatedly called my council but they have no update on my application from HO.

Is there any advice you can pass me regarding this ? Who else can i contact , any emails or any individuals who are in same position in past as me?

Thanks!

Follow_the_map
Newly Registered

Re: Council not received letter from home office

Post by Follow_the_map » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:35 pm

Sorry guys , any ideas you can provide me on next steps?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:11 am

Hi,
the Home Office has a phone number for immigration queries 0300 790 6268 but waiting times can be long.
You can try writing to your MP quoting your UAN and explaining the timeline of what happened (quoting dates you spoke to the council, or wrote emails), they should be able to get an update from the Home Office (and it will leave a written track that you are trying to get the ceremony booked). Try to have written records from the council too confirming they didn't get an update from the Home Office if you can.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:41 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:11 am
Hi,
the Home Office has a phone number for immigration queries 0300 790 6268 but waiting times can be long.
You can try writing to your MP quoting your UAN and explaining the timeline of what happened (quoting dates you spoke to the council, or wrote emails), they should be able to get an update from the Home Office (and it will leave a written track that you are trying to get the ceremony booked). Try to have written records from the council too confirming they didn't get an update from the Home Office if you can.
On this number they provide information that is "available on gov.uk"!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Follow_the_map
Newly Registered

Post by Follow_the_map » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:21 am

Thank you both, i'll write to my MP today and try to call the number too!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:41 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Hi,
Oh I thought one could also ask follow up questions. Are you aware of other ways to follow up?

I have found this https://www.visa-solutions.co.uk/uk-imm ... pplication that seems quite recent but don't know if it's accurate?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:54 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:41 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Hi,
Oh I thought one could also ask follow up questions. Are you aware of other ways to follow up?

I have found this https://www.visa-solutions.co.uk/uk-imm ... pplication that seems quite recent but don't know if it's accurate?
One could send an email to UKVI here: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
No immediate, personal replies guaranteed, note that the Home Office runs operations at lowest cost possible (except for application fees!) - the helpline is actually outsourced to a third party (reading off public information), so you are not talking directly to case workers. You may be able to leave a message....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.