ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying ILR SET(O) from Standard to Priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tsst
Newly Registered

Varying ILR SET(O) from Standard to Priority

Post by Tsst » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi All,

I applied for ILR for my dependents SET(O) on 3rd July via Standard processing. My dependents may have to travel out of UK sometime in mid-December. And this will not fall outside the 6 months processing wait time.

I recently came across the option to vary an existing application if a decision has not yet been made on the existing application -
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vary-your-i ... pplication

Can this be used to add a new application with the exact same details ( SET(O) ) but with priority processing?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Varying ILR SET(O) from Standard to Priority

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:06 am

Tsst wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:12 pm
Hi All,

I applied for ILR for my dependents SET(O) on 3rd July via Standard processing. My dependents may have to travel out of UK sometime in mid-December. And this will not fall outside the 6 months processing wait time.

I recently came across the option to vary an existing application if a decision has not yet been made on the existing application -

Can this be used to add a new application with the exact same details ( SET(O) ) but with priority processing?
Varying applies to applications already made but with no decision made yet. A new application being made is simply that...totally new application. Once submitted and appointments sorted you cannot move standard application to priority....my understanding.

Tsst
Newly Registered

Post by Tsst » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:41 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:06 am
Tsst wrote:
Hi All,

Varying applies to applications already made but with no decision made yet. A new application being made is simply that...totally new application. Once submitted and appointments sorted you cannot move standard application to priority....my understanding.
Before the decision is made on my current "standard" application, cant I start a new "priority" application ( referencing it back to this "Standard" processing application ). That way my "standard" application gets void automatically, fee refunded ( minus admin fee )

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:09 am

Tsst wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:41 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:06 am
Tsst wrote:
Hi All,

Before the decision is made on my current "standard" application, cant I start a new "priority" application ( referencing it back to this "Standard" processing application ). That way my "standard" application gets void automatically, fee refunded ( minus admin fee )
Patience is a virtue. Try that and get ready to make a complicated process a mine field. Even the priority sometimes takes forever.
You can't rush or force the process, they would take as much time as they need.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:45 am

Tsst wrote:
Hi All,

There is no upgrade option. Priority processing is a visa processing service NOT a type of application. Variation means applying for a new application while varying the purpose of the previous one (e.g new conditions of leave, applying under a different route, etc). I suggest learning what these terms mean before throwing them around :!:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ations.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice